"Hidden Hitch" stuck pin ???

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one of those adjustable hitches !! All aluminum and all !!!

Tonight I tried to remove my hitch and I had a very hard time getting the pin out.(Not the pin for adjustablity but the hitch pin) I ended up driving a big screwdriver with a hammer to get it out. Tried vise-grips to try twisting it out, sprayed WD-40 in there too...that helped a little but still was a pain. Is there some thing I can do to prevent this BESIDES not having my hitch in ?? Anyone else have this issue ??

I ended up wreaking the end of the pin (it's the locking type) . Ended up hand-filing the end to get the lock to fit on it again. Man, what a pain !!
:rant:

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive pissed around too many times with that same issue, I personally jst take it out when Im finished with it from then on

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mixture of salt and water and road grime make the dissimalar metals corrode and freeze together

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mixture of salt and water and road grime make the dissimalar metals corrode and freeze together

Is there something I can coat the "pin" with to slow the corrosion down ???
Would "fuild film" help, do you think ??

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there something I can coat the "pin" with to slow the corrosion down ???
Would "fuild film" help, do you think ??
Fluid film may slow the corrosion down a bit. (supposed to help keep snow from sticking to sled chassis as well).

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
I just keep 'em greased, every so often I take them out wipe them down and lube them up again.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird never had it where it wouldn't come out by hand, but use a steel one, aluminum might be giving you the issues?

Top Bottom