hid lights

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read it over it doesn't say anything definitive as to how to install the lights. It does talk about people who have install HID lights on the Dragons but no step by step instructions. The following posts are the last posts from the thread.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Borrowed information from another forum.

Is it so difficult to undestand.

There is NOT DC current in the light system of the Pro.
All CFI engines up to the PRO has been running DC to headlight.

We have installed countless HID kits on dragon CFI sled without a battery. Works flawless if you have the correct ballasts.

But the PRO is DIFFERENT. There is a DC output on the pro, but it is to week to run HID over it. So you will have to rectify the light output, and run it to a battery among with the DC output, and run the HID of the battery.
Then it becomes so spendy, that we desieded there's no market for HID on the pro's.

Same **** is with Arctic cat. They came with DC power all over the sled in 07, and went AC in 2009. But lucky, AC has a DC converterkit to 200usd that brings DC to the whole sled.

We have been selling HID kits for several years, and are focusing on sleds. Have installs on almost every common sled that is possible to run HID.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Borrowed information from another forum.

How about a .5 farad capacitor inline with a full wave rectifier.

OR...

A small battery installed in the system??

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to use HID bulbs on older sleds but after testing my SBA at night (No moon and snowing hard) I found them very bright and will not be bothering to install HIDs on this one.

Akpowderhound

Reaction score
has anyone actually tried to run HID's off the DC power behind the headlight?
can anyone tell me more about this magical DC wire on the sled. Location? Color of the wire?

dave14jones

Reaction score
Usually it's red and yellow for DC +ve and -ve but the colour code may differ with different brands and manufacturers.

:)

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think if you can splice into a wire after the voltage regulator you should be able to run hids on the sled, it will work the same way as your headlights do now, when the sled starts the lights will come on once it sees power.

Top Bottom