Hey Maxwell!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So a stock compensating turbo doo at max 5 lbs vs a 7lbs on a Polaris . What was the elevation on this drag race ? [mention]o zone guy [/mention] let’s get the math going for the hp
AJ wanted to know how a turbo polaris does against a turbo doo. A turbo doo kills a stock polaris in a straight up hill climb. But there is a lot more to mountain riding than straight up hill climbs.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I’m not understanding is them comparing the sleds. I find snowtrax to be biased that’s my opinion. But regardless. The keep talking about the 850t at sea level (and same with other people,) why? The sled is meant to maintain is hp up top. So take the damn sled up the fuggin mountain way up where it is designed for. Put the Polaris up there and load them up in some decent snow. That’s an actual comparison, not what snowtrax did. And if people want to buy a hp compensated sled via a turbo and ride it around at 4-5000 ft then fill your boots but its not going to benefit nearly as much. We are all discussing/arguing about two completely different sleds. Snowtrax was just retarded to make that video. Although they sure hyped the Polaris. I guess that was the goal in the end. Keep the hand that feeds them happy.
Exactly, thankful someone else says it how it is too! Oops just tipped over my alpha lol

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Legit question Maxwell, have you ever ridden a Polaris Axys for 3-4 days just to try it out?

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We would be happy to come ride with you sometime, pretty confident we could keep up. And no we are not liberals. I stand behind my brothers opinions on these sleds, I've ridden both, at everything up to 11K and yes the power is great at higher elevation on the Turbo. However if it were my money Id take the Polaris, reduced weight and the ($4850 CDN, $3650 USD based on 163/165 3" on both) extra cash in my pocket. Funny how we used to get bashed just a few years back for being "Ski-Doo Biased".

AJ
HeY sTud Im sure thaT myself and fellow snow n muddeRs would be more then haPPy ta show u and your CreW what a real SHooT ouT looKs like .. Last time I was at CKMP snow Trax crew was there so that being said I challange u LuKe and your crew Ta staY aT carLs place cause it's 1 st class and I know that's how u guYs RoLL and bring the film crew and leTs see what happens ... Ya Know Ya waNNa call up the Polaris factory riders if Ya really wanna KeiTH ( jacK RaBBiT ) Curtis would luv an all expenses paid TriP Ta ReVeLsToke and I did promise him an autograph huh eh !! LoL. Yea guess when the boarder reopens untiL then have some Polaris factory canadian riders come ouT Ta ReVeLStoKe after aLL iTs a CanaDaiN Game sleds were invented in Canada ( Welcome Ta ReVelstoke home of the orginaL sled ShooT -outs ... MaTrYX is for KiDDs prove me wrong ) one for all and all for fun I undersTand and like the way u THiNK in all forms ... LoL

Last edited:

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HeY sTud Im sure the myself and fellow snow n mud ers would be more then haPPy ta show u and your CreW what a real SHooT ouT looKs like .. Last time I was at CKMP snow Trax crew was there so that being said I challange u and your crew Ta staY aT carLs place cause it's 1 st class and I know that's how u guYs RoLL and bring the film crew and leTs see what happens ... Ya Know Ya waNNa call up the Polaris factory riders if ya really wanna KeiTH ( jacK RaBBiT ) Curtis would luv an all expenses paid ya guess when the boarder reopens untiL then have some Polaris factory canadian riders come ouT Ta ReVeLStoKe after aLL iTs a CanaDaiN Game sleds were invented in Canada ( Welcome Ta ReVelstoke home of the ShooT -out ... MaTrYX is for KiDDs prove me wrong ) one for all and all for fun I undersTand and like the way u THiNK ...
David, your shootouts are like watching an old western! You’d show up with the 6x6x6 and your nitrous blender in the parking lot!
Lester, do you have any review on the alpha.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
I'm not here to try to gain anyone's following or to try to sway your opinion. I realize as much as we at SnowTrax have opinions so every other rider out there does as well. And I realize you can pick many areas of this shootout apart, but when looking at this from our stand point of best 63/65" sled offered from two manufacturers, used where the manufacturers say the majority of riders ride (I get it you ride higher, thats ok, but not what we were focused on) and taking power to weight and price into account thats how we shaped this. If you're talking strictly high altitude of course there is big benefit to the Turbo, no debating that. But when you look at all mountain sled sales there were a boat load of these sleds sold to lower altitude areas and it's our opinion that there just ins't enough benefit in the sub 7K altitude areas to justify the weight and price. You don't have to agree, it's opinion, and if you wanna spend $5k at sub 7000 feet sure there are still some benefits but it's not enough in our opinion and from our testing. You're allowed to think we are wrong, we are allowed to think we are right. Thats what keeps the world going round, and this thread going on, we are all very passionate and will debate this till the cows come home and I appreciate that. I don't think there's another sport in the world who are as opinionated and passionate as we are.

I just talked to Luke, he's awaiting his approval to post so he will be on shortly to help answer any questions you might have about his numbers and outcome of the story.

sides aside.

I also have to say props to you guys for signing up and Coming on here to answer to the guys.
says a lot about you .

you guys could of just been like the rest of the “ media “ people that publish something misleading and call it a day but you’re backing it up.

so to that again. Props.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
David, your shootouts are like watching an old western! You’d show up with the 6x6x6 and your nitrous blender in the parking lot!
Lester, do you have any review on the alpha.
HeYman grass rooTs and I was on a budgeT say what ya want buT Revelstoke shoot out has made the most videos and interest from many different forms over years in ReVeLSToKE... Good bad and the ugly one of the best ( speghtti ) western ever... even snow TraX copied inspired the concept ( shooT ouT ) by having a segment called the shoot out thanks best compliment I could have from snow Trax and iT captured your interest good bad or uglY that's the fatDaDDy on thaT... snow TraX all they did was scale it bacK... WeLL faT daDDy bring ouT your purse buY some SPiRIT I'll call Harv and homer from biGGer and TheY can dig out the nitrous blender... . WhaTs a 6 by 6 by 6 ... I had a GoPRo and doc zoom , 509 shoT there footage wiT a ReD camera owned by Jim jannard who also owned Oakley at the time go ahead google that and puLL ouT youR purse and buy a ReD camera ( $50k us ) and show us how the alpha works compared Ta the other brand s of sleds and if ya ever watched any of the shooT- out videos u supported there effort s noT mine I was just happy they showed up to grow the SpoRT ... No worries

Last edited:

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is Dave Norona in all this?
this is for the big boys... he's over in his corner lol post his video wiT sledder mag over here ... TheN we could have a WeeeNiE RoasT.. Lmao .. I would down load his video but I only have a fliP phone that LHF loaned me .. Thanks good KnighT ... James Bond would be proud ... Snow n mud has been a great place Ta visit ... CHeeRs !!!

Last edited:

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HeYman grass rooTs and I was on a budgeT say what ya want buT Revelstoke shoot out has made the most videos and interest from many different forms over years in ReVeLSToKE... Good bad and the ugly one of the best ( speghtti ) western ever even snow Trax copied the concept by having a segment called the shoot out and in captured your interest that's the fact all they did was scale it back .. Snow Trax ... WeLL faT daDDy bring ouT your faT walleT I'll call Harv and homer from biGGerand then can dig out the nitrous blender ... WhaTs a 6 by 6 by 6 ... O and thanks for watching u probable have the complete collection ... NoT
Oh yes forgot about Harvey, “caution untamed cats” on back of trailer. I believe the 6x6x6 was Chad’s naturally aspirated 1800.
The good old days on old iron when tracks had plastic paddles & steel skis were upgraded with plastic ski skins.

Lester777

Reaction score
Ive ridden all brands of MTN sleds and trail sled, and can do my own review.
Brands have their strengths and weakness. Its a product that get us out there riding, regardless of whats on the side panel.

I am also from the east, mtn sled is the last thing I would consider for low altitude riding, sorry I am biased on that, a turbo doo back east would be a waste of money.

Im wondering how you stumbled upon this forum first tho. Its a small forum, and Its been a topic on other larger forums longer.

I thank you for showing up, but what I watched wont change my mind. No numbers or math will not change the fact that doo has a turbo and Polaris does not, (for now) All doo riders and polaris riders know that the doo is heavy. It does not stop the sales.

This was only posted here a week ago to stir the pot amongst this group. Alot of us know each other on this forum, so alot of “mud” is slung at members, and there is back and forth banter.
Why you showed up on this site all of a sudden, out of the blue is interesting tho.

Am I biased? Well, it may come across to you as that. But I’m loyal to my dealer, and it just so happens they sell skidoo.

One thing has been always certain, if it was not for this back and forth banter between peers, there would not be the back and forth push from Manufacturers to constantly provide the best product they can to supply to their customers.

Here is one example, I cannot be bothered to look for the others.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/snowtrax-lester-sisters.457850/

Feel free to search for my name on any other forum you'd like, you won't find it, we literally just posted the video last week so I'm not sure how much it's gotten around. If it's a lot then thats great, good or bad opinions it's getting seen, I feel I've said my peace on here and let you know where we were coming from with this review. I'm not trying to sway your opinion I'm just showing I'm a reasonable person who's respectful and likes to discuss. I came across this forum from someone on here who told me about the thread so I looked it up and then joined, I'm not sure why that would raise questions for you, it's a small market and we have a lot of connections across the country so people let us know when things are being said, not a big deal. As you have said your loyal to your dealer and not ski-doo I'm loyal to the opinions we put out and not any one manufacturer. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, and I can accept that we don't see eye to eye on this topic, thats fine.

Lester777

Reaction score
sides aside.

I also have to say props to you guys for signing up and Coming on here to answer to the guys.
says a lot about you .

you guys could of just been like the rest of the “ media “ people that publish something misleading and call it a day but you’re backing it up.

so to that again. Props.

Thanks Man, we appreciate it. Always good to talk with fellow sledders. Luke will be on shortly, just be nice with him lol, he doesn't always have the limiter strap on his replies that I try to have lol. But hey he's opinionated and I respect that.

Top Bottom