Hey Maxwell!

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yes forgot about Harvey, “caution untamed cats” on back of trailer. I believe the 6x6x6 was Chad’s naturally aspirated 1800.
The good old days on old iron when tracks had plastic paddles & steel skis were upgraded with plastic ski skins.
all good FaTDaDDy my bad the KaRMa KoWBoY is on youR SiDE if ya look up I soften the ToNE ... HarV was a fuNNy FuNNy guY Ta hang wiT and he had a biG Purse !! CheeRs

Lester777

Reaction score
HeYman grass rooTs and I was on a budgeT say what ya want buT Revelstoke shoot out has made the most videos and interest from many different forms over years in ReVeLSToKE... Good bad and the ugly one of the best ( speghtti ) western ever... even snow TraX copied inspired the concept ( shooT ouT ) by having a segment called the shoot out thanks best compliment I could have from snow Trax and iT captured your interest good bad or uglY that's the fatDaDDy on thaT... snow TraX all they did was scale it bacK... WeLL faT daDDy bring ouT your purse buY some SPiRIT I'll call Harv and homer from biGGer and TheY can dig out the nitrous blender... . WhaTs a 6 by 6 by 6 ... I had a GoPRo and doc zoom , 509 shoT there footage wiT a ReD camera owned by Jim jannard who also owned Oakley at the time go ahead google that and puLL ouT youR purse and buy a ReD camera ( $50k us ) and show us how the alpha works compared Ta the other brand s of sleds and if ya ever watched any of the shooT- out videos u supported there effort s noT mine I was just happy they showed up to grow the SpoRT ... No worries

Wait a minute, didn't I meet you in Carls shop, you brought him a helmet that was custom painted. You were an Oakley rep, or dealer when he raced right? We talked when you were there, I thought the name rung a bell. Anyways good to connect again. I can't quite follow what you're getting at, but it's all good.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Man, we appreciate it. Always good to talk with fellow sledders. Luke will be on shortly, just be nice with him lol, he doesn't always have the limiter strap on his replies that I try to have lol. But hey he's opinionated and I respect that.
would that be KooL hand LuKe ... If so I have the Hard boiLed eGGs reaDY ... GoTTa cracK a few eGGs Ta MaKe some CeaSeR eGG SaLaD ... Have luKe bring some SiR -A-LoP for the pancakes o and Polaris spelled backwards well u get the DriFT LesTer777 ... U like Ta roLL the dice or O wait 7 times 3 BLaCK JacK ... Bet ya also liKe youR lucKy Charms like LHF... HoTSaucE !! MaxXxWeLL between the 2 of us We should haVe KooL Hand LuKe riding ski - Doo and trash talking POLARiS iNN no TiME...BuT LuKe probably canT handle the PoweR and handling aboVe 6000ft ... LMAO ... Sound s liKe LuKe senT in LesTer777 Ta roLL the DiCE Ta soften this place uP .... beeP !! beeP !!! We plaY nice seening as Polaris only has one limiter sTRaP .. ALoHa !!

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Legit question Maxwell, have you ever ridden a Polaris Axys for 3-4 days just to try it out?

Glad you asked. honest answer is no on the 3-4 days.

I do have quite a bit of seat time on them however. I am fortunate enough to spend a pile of time above 7000ft, with some of my best friends that happen to be just as Polaris bias as i am skidoo. Every new season for as long as i can remember starts off with them letting me try their new axys for a few hours swearing that this is the year for them, this sleds way better than last years. while they burn around on my factory turbo. We swap back and both tell lies right to each others faces. I say "yep thats a nice machine" and they say yep yours too and we carry on full well knowing we aren't switching brands anytime soon.

so in short, no, i might spend 1-2 days TOTAL in a season on a new AXYS but 3-4 days would likely not change my tune. The axys has too many shortcomings that need improvement. My second choice for ideal mountain sled would be the Arctic cat alpha all day long. If you put a forward steering post on that alpha its a real nice machine, i felt right at home on it.

Polaris snowmobiles are light, and that's one thing they have really nailed. You can feel it when your stuck or lifting the machine. But with that they have also passed the threshold of weight vs reliability ( its 2021 and you still have clamps on your driveshafts). If you dont ride hard this may never be a problem for most. The new 850 engine is an improvement over years past, but it is a far stretch from an 850Etec. The throttle response is sub par in comparison, it does not run nearly as clean or crisp, heck it still takes 3 pulls to start the thing. Its not a true direct injection motor and it certainly doesnt feel like its making the same power even screaming at 8500rpm. The factory clutching leaves a lot to be desired, those clutches are 25 years old now. The old boys will say they are the best thing ever because they can still use parts from their 1997 Indy but in reality the new PDRIVE outperforms it and can be adjusted on the fly. The other issue i have a hard time overcoming with them is the lack of traction, if you ride deep snow there's no question that floatation and lug height are king and you can really feel that lacking, one could argue that they go across the hill better being 1" narrower but when it comes right down too it the 16" track makes a big difference in climbing and takeoff performance. The axys just doesnt jump out of the snow as good with that limited footprint and less than ideal track pattern. As for the handling, i cant do it. You guys look like a monkey humping a football riding those things and if that works for you then great haha but i really struggle with that steering setup. it is the only off-road motorsports vehicle that has a setup like that and i am talking atvs,seadoos, MX...everything. Even mountain bikes steer like a skidoo. It is unnatural, if your used too it and make it work then it doesn't matter. Unfortunately that's a deal breaker for most. There is the old wives tale about the Polaris side hilling better and steeper than the Skidoo chassis. I am fortunate enough to have rode with what i consider some of the best in BC and i just have not seen it happen yet. That is not to say chris burandt or keith kurtis might come along one day and show me im wrong. I would be ok with that, if the polaris can sidehill something steeper than what i can do on my skidoo i really do not want to be there in the first place. I choose life LOL. Where me and my riding group go deep into the bush there's really no struggling from either side of the spectrum so its never been something to come up as an issue. I did try a couple different AXYS with the specialty/Turcotte forward post kit, it certainly helps and i would recommend it. i felt more comfortable but did find it to be a little too far forward. At the end of the day the G4 chassis is far more refined. When you look out over the hood of an axys its like your driving a peterbuilt. the nose of that thing just goes on for days, not my style. The g4 you are very far forward over a much smaller and tighter front end. Almost like sitting on the nose of a rocket LOL. No one can deny that as its a heck of alot easier to work on a polaris than a skidoo which tells you right there how much tighter the engine, chassis, plastics package is. With being that far forward this is where the Axys crowd has a hard time getting on the G4 chassis, to make the skidoo DOOO what you want you need to be much further forward to bring the front end down, vs the axys you can be way back on the boards and you have that titanic front end that will drag the nose down to keep you straight and level on a sidehill. My point being both machines will do the exact same thing but require much different rider input. The real deal breaker for me and the AXYS is the fit/finish and accessories. If you put an axys and a g4 in the shop next to eachother and have a really close look its like comparing something that was put together with spare parts to a Cadillac. Exposed bolt ends, cheap plastics, crazy vibrations and rattles, side panels that you put together like a puzzle and lock it together with some aborted conglomeration of twist fasteners, wiring harnesses and sensors that you might find in a cereal box, the list goes on. The fit, finish and quality of the skidoo is a ways ahead of the axys. I will admit skidoo has been heading in the same direction. There is parts of the G4 and especially the turbo that i dont consider "BRP" quality compared to the XM. Clips,fasteners,oil lines etc (im being very picky) but maybe we will see these addressed in the near future. These small revisions aren't going to leave you stranded ill tell you that much. As for Accessories you cant beat Skidoos DESS system, shot start and Linq these would be all very hard things for me to part with. Now that im done with my rambling incoherent response i should get back to your original question. The Axys is a capable mountain sled, but given the chance to take one for a week or even a season i would likely still have to decline ( first world problems, although i should consider it because maybe yall would take me more seriously LOL). I like to go fast, since i was a kid ive had a need for speed. I started Hill climb racing when it first came to western Canada and did fairly well at it, since then i just love doing everything as fast as possible on my snowmobile. Just ask Rknight111 i think he was expecting a prize when we got to the back of Allan creek in 7 minutes flat LOL. This new skidoo turbo has accelerated that feeling for me and when i hop back on a naturally aspirated machine of any brand i just feel like im moving in slow motion, its not exhilarating for me anymore. i know we are only talking about 4lbs of boost here but for a guy that likes to ride bone stock this is the most exhilarating machine you get get out of the box, and its hard to go back to anything else. i really don't feel like i could give a brand new NA sled an honest test drive for any duration of time just due to the fact that i would be comparing it always to a machine that brings a much bigger smile to my face and quite frankly is in a different league. I have a snowmobile that runs 10lbs of boost and its also exhilarating, but i cant trust it, and i cant ride it in the bush for 8 hours. You really dont get that same level of comfort with any aftermarket kit as you do straight from the factory.

All the BS aside, i like to consider myself an equal opportunity, diverse snowmobiler politically correct for 2021. i ride with anyone, on any snowmobile, anywhere. Heck I even ride with that gender confused fellow niner. when were all on the snow there is none of this talk. Just making miles and burning fuel. and ill be in my garage helping you fix your Sh** at the end of the day regardless of brand. All the new machines are very good and we are all going to get where we need to go just fine. Everyone will have a machine that just works better for them and that might not always be a skidoo, but for me, it is. and hey, when polaris comes out with their 2035 factory turbo maybe that will be my time to switch

Last edited:

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK maXXxWeLL lesTer777 and KooL HanD LuKe r GuNNa powdeR uP there sleds firsT before diPPing aboVe 6000 FT ... Hahaahaa nice book ya just wrote I need a hard coPy ... Luv iT ... EGGs beNy !! Wit xXxTra sauce no worries sled Trax GuNNa picK up the TaB ... Snow TraxXx Nice guYs for SuRE any thing Ta pump the Ratings .. wooT !!! wooT !! Good thing there our neighbor s From onT Canada !!! I think MaxXxWeLL I haVe THuM PuMp from scroLLing your commenT aboVe .. That is verY CleaVer oF u mr MaxXxWeLL .. Ham n piNEapPLe xXxTra cheese please

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you asked. honest answer is no on the 3-4 days.

I do have quite a bit of seat time on them however. I am fortunate enough to spend a pile of time above 7000ft, with some of my best friends that happen to be just as Polaris bias as i am skidoo. Every new season for as long as i can remember starts off with them letting me try their new axys for a few hours swearing that this is the year for them, this sleds way better than last years. while they burn around on my factory turbo. We swap back and both tell lies right to each others faces. I say "yep thats a nice machine" and they say yep yours too and we carry on full well knowing we aren't switching brands anytime soon.

so in short, no, i might spend 1-2 days TOTAL in a season on a new AXYS but 3-4 days would likely not change my tune. The axys has too many shortcomings that need improvement. My second choice for ideal mountain sled would be the Arctic cat alpha all day long. If you put a forward steering post on that alpha its a real nice machine, i felt right at home on it.

Polaris snowmobiles are light, and that's one thing they have really nailed. You can feel it when your stuck or lifting the machine. But with that they have also passed the threshold of weight vs reliability ( its 2021 and you still have clamps on your driveshafts). If you dont ride hard this may never be a problem for most. The new 850 engine is an improvement over years past, but it is a far stretch from an 850Etec. The throttle response is sub par in comparison, it does not run nearly as clean or crisp, heck it still takes 3 pulls to start the thing. Its not a true direct injection motor and it certainly doesnt feel like its making the same power even screaming at 8500rpm. The factory clutching leaves a lot to be desired, those clutches are 25 years old now. The old boys will say they are the best thing ever because they can still use parts from their 1997 Indy but in reality the new PDRIVE outperforms it and can be adjusted on the fly. The other issue i have a hard time overcoming with them is the lack of traction, if you ride deep snow there's no question that floatation and lug height are king and you can really feel that lacking, one could argue that they go across the hill better being 1" narrower but when it comes right down too it the 16" track makes a big difference in climbing and takeoff performance. The axys just doesnt jump out of the snow as good with that limited footprint and less than ideal track pattern. As for the handling, i cant do it. You guys look like a monkey humping a football riding those things and if that works for you then great haha but i really struggle with that steering setup. it is the only off-road motorsports vehicle that has a setup like that and i am talking atvs,seadoos, MX...everything. Even mountain bikes steer like a skidoo. It is unnatural, if your used too it and make it work then it doesn't matter. Unfortunately that's a deal breaker for most. There is the old wives tale about the Polaris side hilling better and steeper than the Skidoo chassis. I am fortunate enough to have rode with what i consider some of the best in BC and i just have not seen it happen yet. That is not to say chris burandt or keith kurtis might come along one day and show me im wrong. I would be ok with that, if the polaris can sidehill something steeper than what i can do on my skidoo i really do not want to be there in the first place. I choose life LOL. Where me and my riding group go deep into the bush there's really no struggling from either side of the spectrum so its never been something to come up as an issue. I did try a couple different AXYS with the specialty/Turcotte forward post kit, it certainly helps and i would recommend it. i felt more comfortable but did find it to be a little too far forward. At the end of the day the G4 chassis is far more refined. When you look out over the hood of an axys its like your driving a peterbuilt. the nose of that thing just goes on for days, not my style. The g4 you are very far forward over a much smaller and tighter front end. Almost like sitting on the nose of a rocket LOL. No one can deny that as its a heck of alot easier to work on a polaris than a skidoo which tells you right there how much tighter the engine, chassis, plastics package is. With being that far forward this is where the Axys crowd has a hard time getting on the G4 chassis, to make the skidoo DOOO what you want you need to be much further forward to bring the front end down, vs the axys you can be way back on the boards and you have that titanic front end that will drag the nose down to keep you straight and level on a sidehill. My point being both machines will do the exact same thing but require much different rider input. The real deal breaker for me and the AXYS is the fit/finish and accessories. If you put an axys and a g4 in the shop next to eachother and have a really close look its like comparing something that was put together with spare parts to a Cadillac. Exposed bolt ends, cheap plastics, crazy vibrations and rattles, side panels that you put together like a puzzle and lock it together with some aborted conglomeration of twist fasteners, wiring harnesses and sensors that you might find in a cereal box, the list goes on. The fit, finish and quality of the skidoo is a ways ahead of the axys. I will admit skidoo has been heading in the same direction. There is parts of the G4 and especially the turbo that i dont consider "BRP" quality compared to the XM. Clips,fasteners,oil lines etc (im being very picky) but maybe we will see these addressed in the near future. These small revisions aren't going to leave you stranded ill tell you that much. As for Accessories you cant beat Skidoos DESS system, shot start and Linq these would be all very hard things for me to part with. Now that im done with my rambling incoherent response i should get back to your original question. The Axys is a capable mountain sled, but given the chance to take one for a week or even a season i would likely still have to decline ( first world problems, although i should consider it because maybe yall would take me more seriously LOL). I like to go fast, since i was a kid ive had a need for speed. I started Hill climb racing when it first came to western Canada and did fairly well at it, since then i just love doing everything as fast as possible on my snowmobile. Just ask Rknight111 i think he was expecting a prize when we got to the back of Allan creek in 7 minutes flat LOL. This new skidoo turbo has accelerated that feeling for me and when i hop back on a naturally aspirated machine of any brand i just feel like im moving in slow motion, its not exhilarating for me anymore. i know we are only talking about 4lbs of boost here but for a guy that likes to ride bone stock this is the most exhilarating machine you get get out of the box, and its hard to go back to anything else. i really don't feel like i could give a brand new NA sled an honest test drive for any duration of time just due to the fact that i would be comparing it always to a machine that brings a much bigger smile to my face and quite frankly is in a different league. I have a snowmobile that runs 10lbs of boost and its also exhilarating, but i cant trust it, and i cant ride it in the bush for 8 hours. You really dont get that same level of comfort with any aftermarket kit as you do straight from the factory.

All the BS aside, i like to consider myself an equal opportunity, diverse snowmobiler politically correct for 2021. i ride with anyone, on any snowmobile, anywhere. when were all on the snow there is none of this talk. Just making miles and burning fuel. and ill be in my garage helping you fix your Sh** at the end of the day regardless of brand. All the new machines are very good and we are all going to get where we need to go just fine. Everyone will have a machine that just works better for them and that might not always be a skidoo, but for me, it is.

Ski-Doo sucks...

Joking.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Just ask Rknight111 i think he was expecting a prize when we got to the back of Allan creek in 7 minutes flat LOL.

Yes that was an experience, that was a great day, and I was very surprised on how these new sleds worked. There was areas that I thought, oh great I wont make it up there, and a flick of the throttle and I was there, steeply up through tight areas in the trees squirming in 2-1/2' to 3' fresh pow. I asked the question that day too, If these were NA sleds would you have taken us down here, he said not in these conditions today.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We would be happy to come ride with you sometime, pretty confident we could keep up. And no we are not liberals. I stand behind my brothers opinions on these sleds, I've ridden both, at everything up to 11K and yes the power is great at higher elevation on the Turbo. However if it were my money Id take the Polaris, reduced weight and the ($4850 CDN, $3650 USD based on 163/165 3" on both) extra cash in my pocket. Funny how we used to get bashed just a few years back for being "Ski-Doo Biased".

AJ

at your elevation i can understand the 4850$ in your pocket. But around these parts 4850$ is a drop in the bucket even if the factory turbo only performed 10% better. most have spent 3x that to gain far less performance. When you have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested into snowmobiling to ride the Glorious BC pow, 4850 for a snowmobile that works 25% better ( hp at elevation ) is not a hard sell. we haven't seen a power increase of 30hp in 2 stroke snowmobiles since 1999. Its a big deal, and totally worth the 5k, with warranty.

Last edited:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if thats the case, my turbo doo has not had a problem outclimbing NA polaris sleds. Not bad for being heavier and with less HP than a polaris. Lol I guess polaris doesn’t need a turbo or a better track. Polaris guys are putting doos track on cause the 2.75 is junk.

Polaris GUY might be putting a doo track on???

Shame on you Chrisco 😂😂😂😂
Interested to see how that works for Chris 😊

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, didn't I meet you in Carls shop, you brought him a helmet that was custom painted. You were an Oakley rep, or dealer when he raced right? We talked when you were there, I thought the name rung a bell. Anyways good to connect again. I can't quite follow what you're getting at, but it's all good.
Yes myselF The O ZoNE GuY ( Dave ) and the 2 Pro riders from montreaL: HeY iTs good ta reconnecT with u sTuDs on snow n mud .. Hope all is well at your end ... no worries iTs all good I was just having an inside joke with fat daddy about how things evolve just a little tongue in cheeK
... Some times as even Oakley says follow the leader no matter how big or small and from there brain storm ideas thaT sticK and run wiT iT and so that being said sled Trax has started many conversations over the years and like maybe some other media outLets Snow Trax doesn't lead to a dead end thaTs cause your self and your crew always come up wit new interesting and fresH ideas to keep the consumer engaged and this media video proves that without a doubT .. Plus the rebound attention will always give the consumer a chance to fight for the under dog ... ThanKs for the chat at CKMP I'm sure carver loved the Custom TroY Lee Design HeLmeT just as much as all those involved and mY meXiCoo HaT well CarL like s me in small doses HaHaa !!.. U guYs were 1st class so thanks aGaiN... LuKe,Lester777 snow n mud has some of the ToP riders and knowledge in the world when it comes to sledding and life skills and RKNiGHT111 is I belive one of the founders of snow n mud and he puTs up wit the banTer ... LuKe u need any thing Luke or Lester777 my door is always open look me up here on snow n mud .. Kool BeaNs !!! TROY LEE luved Painting that HeLmeT by the waY .. BuT I haven t talked to him in a while !! I am Snow TraX ... We are snow Trax ... ThiS is Snow TraX !! Lots of new material on snow n mud for sled media video s .. Just a thought ... besT regard s O ZoNE GuY 411 snow TraX ... DisRuPTiVE by DeSiGN ... Purpose beyond Reason... StaY safe bY for now ... Much ResPecT ... KooLBeaNs

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We would be happy to come ride with you sometime, pretty confident we could keep up. And no we are not liberals. I stand behind my brothers opinions on these sleds, I've ridden both, at everything up to 11K and yes the power is great at higher elevation on the Turbo. However if it were my money Id take the Polaris, reduced weight and the ($4850 CDN, $3650 USD based on 163/165 3" on both) extra cash in my pocket. Funny how we used to get bashed just a few years back for being "Ski-Doo Biased".

AJ

AJ every year we typically put on an event called Mountain Mania, this year it was cancelled due to Covid, its typically the third week of January. Next season we are hoping to resume and this just happens to be in Valemount BC again. Next season you should join us at the event, we don't do anything on the hill for events, but you and the members can have fun on the hills. In the evening we host a fundraiser dinner and event for support of the local snowmobile club, this would be VARDA. So keep an eye on it here and we will see how things go next year.

Lester777

Reaction score
AJ every year we typically put on an event called Mountain Mania, this year it was cancelled due to Covid, its typically the third week of January. Next season we are hoping to resume and this just happens to be in Valemount BC again. Next season you should join us at the event, we don't do anything on the hill for events, but you and the members can have fun on the hills. In the evening we host a fundraiser dinner and event for support of the local snowmobile club, this would be VARDA. So keep an eye on it here and we will see how things go next year.

Sounds like fun for a good cause, I'll keep an eye on future timing of the event for sure. Hopefully we can get back to fairly normal day to day soon, although i'm not holding my breath. Covid suxs.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at your elevation i can understand the 4850$ in your pocket. But around these parts 4850$ is a drop in the bucket even if the factory turbo only performed 10% better. most have spent 3x that to gain far less performance. When you have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested into snowmobiling to ride the Glorious BC pow, 4850 for a snowmobile that works 25% better ( hp at elevation ) is not a hard sell. we haven't seen a power increase of 30hp in 2 stroke snowmobiles since 1999. Its a big deal, and totally worth the 5k, with warranty.

100%, this turbo is the most fun sled Ive owned.
Lower elevations, I do not think its worth the extra money or the loss of warranty.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All we ask is for you guys to document this weekends findings with video proof and post it up on here. Is that fair?

i have a prediction, they are going to ride thursday and friday before a working fella like myself has a chance to get there on Saturday to certify the results. they will be "too tired" to ride the weekend.

Top Bottom