hey everyone I need you help in buying a sled tomorrow

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay so im looking at two sleds tomorrow one is a 2012 polaris pro with boodocker turbo non intercooler. Has 1400km and needs minor work, few bushings need changing

Second sled is a 2013 xm with tss turbo kit , this has the intercooler, there are 2000km on chassis but there is only 600 on create engine.

Both sleds show well I know the history on each if them but I need input on which one I should go with I have been told the polaris is more reliable as being a pull and go sled. The price on each sled is very close so I want the most reliable sled. I dont want to always have to adjust thngs

xmsummit154

Reaction score
Not sure about about which turbo is better but I have a 13 xm and I love the machine. I think they have a lot nicer fit and finish than the Polaris in my opinion. I have 535 miles on mine with not a single problem. Hope this helps

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TSS XM....at least you know you would get good support if you have turbo issues

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, my gandfather rides a polaris with a boondocker kit he has been happy with his but has been told the etecs have not been working as good ? Or there not as user friendly as a boosted pro im trying to get a hold of reid headland to ask him as he has both sleds and should give me a straight un bias opinion but I just have his work number, dose anyone have his personal number ?

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys im in nelson right now ans the polairs is 13,500 and the xm is 14,500 the polairs is listed on here and the xm use to be chads from saskatchewan but the guy who bought it lives in castlegar now so im torn between the two

X-rated

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the LAST thing in the world I would buy used would be a turbo'd sled!!!!!

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the LAST thing in the world I would buy used would be a turbo'd sled!!!!!

A mod sled is one thing, a used turbo sounds like a whole lot of headache waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How you make out tnt? I imagine you made your purchase!! I did not offer my opinion as you already know it! lol :) I would be surprised if you went with poo though!! I would think they have the bugs out of the turbo etech by now.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for the advice. Doug/Dazzler you will be very proud of me. i brought home the 2012 pro. it was very clean and had only 890 miles. dealer checked it out and it was minimal wear on machine i will be adding a set of tube boards to it and venting the intake outside the hood.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope it turns out to be a reliable machine for you.

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thank you, ill be finished my motor mounts tomorrow and then check to see if i need to replace the bushings or rollers in primary clutch?

Top Bottom