Hey B.C. Government... Wrong area to manage wolves....

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
paul watson is such a fu**&&^ retard . led a crew up the kechika my ass , just far enough to be out of site of the tv cameras. to benefit trophy hunters b..s. .. if something is not done for caribou in bc period there will be none left in 20 years. it is not a problem caused by over hunting . the f ing bc goverment has licenced coal mines in all of the best caribou habitat in the mountains from tumbler ridge south . to much industrial activity in prime areas will make the mtn caribou the dodo bird of our lifespan.wolverine, core lodge , bullmoose , sukunka /upper burnt ,willow creek and moberly /silver sands are all under licence to be mined , these areas are the last in the south peace that have caribou populations . sustainable ,dont think so .but we have to control the predators for a start .

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better close this area and that area to the sledders, but let's let the miners rip the shat outta the whole country side along with Caribou habitat.
BC gov is so f&@ked up!! Very difficult to comprehend the stupidity!!
Just imagine what it would do for the sled industry to have high paid lobbyists fighting for the cause. Too bad sledders and manufactures aren't savy enough to organize their support and funds. That would change things, a lot!! Look at all the lobbyists the hunting industry has working for them.
ie. SCI, DSC, Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation on and on. These are huge organizations that lobby for and support the hunting industry. And it works!!

Last edited by a moderator:

canadiancon

Reaction score
If you don't think wolves are a problem right now I suggest you take a drive to northern bc, the wolf population around prince George alone is nuts, I go out moose hunting and call more wolves in than moose, and shoot every single one I can. Wolves are all over and need to be thinned out.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a good wolf is a dead wolf.. they are slaughtering a lot of the elk and deer in the Kootenay's. we see way more wolf tracks and way less deer and elk and moose.. I agree with canadiancon the wolfs need to be thinned out

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would shoot Bears like I would shoot wolves if there wasn't a bag limit on them.

Yes coal mines look like **** while they are being mined but after reclamation it's an animals dream to live on site...lol

they r born n raised on mine site so learn to not be as afraid of us n feel protected from the bears n wolves.
year n a half ago we were on nightshift and two wolves poped over the bank chasing a whitetsil deer... It was so exhausted from running away it ran right i to the loading area of our huge shovel.. We don't normally shut down for anything but the forman said to just load one side so the deer could catch it's breath...it stayed there for 1/2 hr n then they shoed it off...away from the wolves...all the while 3000hp engines running n the noise of the shovel etc etc...

Yes big company's get away with everything but on the flip side they do some good i guess.

they should round up some caribou and plant them on our minesite if yhey r so worried about them... We have heards of 350-400 elk.. It's cool to see them mixed in with the rams all sharing the grass....

we have coyotes too... But these r more like our pets... Come up to the haul trucks just like a family dog n follow us looking for food... Lol

like a zoo out there.... The wolves are massive there too... Lots of feed i guess... Wolves aren't the problem.. Humans are... We tear up the forrest n mountains n pave the way for them to get easy access to the other animals...

but we do have way to many wolves it seems... Sad they gotta thin them out but what else is there to do??

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my neighbors just lost 2 dogs to wolves they came right into his yard and took them. Another neighbor couple miles away woke up to 2 wolves laying in his yard, they bolted soon as he tried to open his noisy door and shoot them. The wolves are getting very thick up here and bold as hell.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bear lake just north of Prince george, there is wolf crap every 50 meters or so on every unplowed road we hit and tracks all over.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my neighbors just lost 2 dogs to wolves they came right into his yard and took them. Another neighbor couple miles away woke up to 2 wolves laying in his yard, they bolted soon as he tried to open his noisy door and shoot them. The wolves are getting very thick up here and bold as hell.

ya i really have no desire to kill any animal other than for food but when they get to the stage of where they're not afraid of men anymore and start taking our "kids" (pets) then yes something has to change.

maybe they should see if they need any more wolves in Yellowstone National Park lol

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An hour and a half N.W. of Calgary a buddy of mine had a horse attacked by Wolves, ended up having to put it down. Tracked the blood trail back to the attack sight figured there was 6-8 wolves in the group that attacked it. If I get a chance at a wolf I will shoot it every time.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes coal mines look like **** while they are being mined but after reclamation it's an animals dream to live on site...lol

they r born n raised on mine site so learn to not be as afraid of us n feel protected from the bears n wolves.
year n a half ago we were on nightshift and two wolves poped over the bank chasing a whitetsil deer... It was so exhausted from running away it ran right i to the loading area of our huge shovel.. We don't normally shut down for anything but the forman said to just load one side so the deer could catch it's breath...it stayed there for 1/2 hr n then they shoed it off...away from the wolves...all the while 3000hp engines running n the noise of the shovel etc etc...

Yes big company's get away with everything but on the flip side they do some good i guess.

they should round up some caribou and plant them on our minesite if yhey r so worried about them... We have heards of 350-400 elk.. It's cool to see them mixed in with the rams all sharing the grass....

we have coyotes too... But these r more like our pets... Come up to the haul trucks just like a family dog n follow us looking for food... Lol

like a zoo out there.... The wolves are massive there too... Lots of feed i guess... Wolves aren't the problem.. Humans are... We tear up the forrest n mountains n pave the way for them to get easy access to the other animals...

but we do have way to many wolves it seems... Sad they gotta thin them out but what else is there to do??
yes there is some good habitat after the miners leave but in this case it is not habitat for caribou , we have elk, goats, and deer running all over the mines south of tumbler ridge , sad thing for the caribou the moss and lichens will not return for another 100 years ,longer at elevation . as far as protection from the wolves and bears ,give your head a shake ,g bears all over the mine sites ,safety and work procedures for both types of bears in place here .

Top Bottom