Heritage Harley Davidson-Grand Opening

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what did you buy?? I read it all:):)
So what did you buy?? I read it all:):)

Sorry for the slow reply, thread got lost in the pile.
I ended up buying a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, it's been a great bike, so reliable and trouble free. I've put a few goodies on to make it a little meaner and it'll get up and go. I'm a big guy 300#'s on a good day and I walk on my buddies(who is 130#'s soaking wet) HD Nightrain that he spent a fortune on performance parts for. He's into that damn thing for 35000+ and I've got 13 and change in mine and he can't touch me.
I always bug him that I bought a bike he bought a logo...before all the fanatics start throwing jabs, I love Harleys and am still considering buying one in the future, I would love a StreetGlide, but for the price and reliability the Kawi has been a beauty.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not calling you out believe me. Seriously I am not. But the last time I rode a vulcan 1500 it was really gutless. Is yours new? Maybe they finally up'ed the power with them. I know the 1600's had more jam.

jaws

Reaction score
i have had service work at both yellowhead and heritage and had better service at yellowhead, as far as purchase go see house of thunder in camrose awesome to deal with.for the guy with the victory yeah they are nice bikes but you have obviously not ridden/challenged the new v rod muscle mine chews up hammers like candy

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I imported an 06 V-Rod (street rod) from Arizona last fall, thing is a rocket. Hope I don't have any issues getting it serviced, because it's from the states!!

Trench

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not calling you out believe me. Seriously I am not. But the last time I rode a vulcan 1500 it was really gutless. Is yours new? Maybe they finally up'ed the power with them. I know the 1600's had more jam.

It's an '07, I put some HardKrome pipes and a new computer in and goes like stink for me, maybe my idea of fast is a little slower than yours? Either way I'm real happy for the money I have into it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I remember right the last one I rode was carbed, so there is probably a big difference there. How are the pipes?

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are awesome...absolutely perfect for what I wanted, the big deep beefy V-Twin throaty sound and the HK's are guaranteed to never blue. I went with
2 3/4 American Straights. Would recommend HK to anyone looking for new pipes.

Top Bottom