here we go

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In pipeline & seismic there are no mandatory days off, no maximum daily hours either....AWESOME cash but from my experience the labor laws go out the window, I've done 62 days straight @ 12-16 hours pipeline surveying... young mans game, Larry's just an old fart who thinks he's a young buck...

not uncommon 300 plus hrs a month, went 7months without a day off years ago. don't do it now, usually 21 days and 5 or so off. depends on the job, on the money and whom I'm workng for and with. I'm there to make cash not party time. lol, indicated they wanted to go till end of march. they are hoping for 6km per day on there end.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you do for the mandatory days off? Hang in the hotel and drink to excess??

so you going to plant your azz in a hotel room and make squat or you going to work and make money? sounds like you wouldn't fit in don, ian has the right idea.

this is not for everyone, you need to go in with a goal, work till end of march, break up, then take time off. as much as you want. you should have some $$$, built up. buy new Polaris, have some fun, sit by a pool, lots of guys travel all over the world. not as if this is a really tough job tying ribbon on a branch every 100 ft or so.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kind of funny though, jobs seem to be drying up rapidly, guess couch surfing must be good, some guys just haven't got hungry enough yet, see a few already saying they need to sell there chit lol. , surprised they haven't jumped all over this. lol.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely wouldn't fit in, I kinda like fixing compressors vs walking through the snow. Rather work than sit in a hotel room but we have to follow the Ab rules and coupled with us having to follow the Federal Commercial Drivers hours of service , azz time in a hotel unavoidable, but we get guaranteed 8hrs if away from home.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did a rough calc

look like a guy should have 12500 shiny silver pieces, flow through his pocket by the end of the month every month, as a helper, not bad for a young lad, at the end of the month being able to purchase a new 900 ranger xp with cash, with expeience comes more $$$$. crew chief neighborhood 18,000+ pieces of silver .

Quarters, dimes or nickels??

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kind of funny though, jobs seem to be drying up rapidly, guess couch surfing must be good, some guys just haven't got hungry enough yet, see a few already saying they need to sell there chit lol. , surprised they haven't jumped all over this. lol.

Anything good for sale????

I am always looking for deals.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely wouldn't fit in, I kinda like fixing compressors vs walking through the snow. Rather work than sit in a hotel room but we have to follow the Ab rules and coupled with us having to follow the Federal Commercial Drivers hours of service , azz time in a hotel unavoidable, but we get guaranteed 8hrs if away from home.

good for you! we follow alberta rules too, work you eat. lol

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good for you! we follow alberta rules too, work you eat. lol

Yeah, I long for the patch of 1990. Being stifled by retarded safety policy and getting grouped with the lowest common denominator of intelligence is getting old. The companies have brought it in against themselves though.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I long for the patch of 1990. Being stifled by retarded safety policy and getting grouped with the lowest common denominator of intelligence is getting old. The companies have brought it in against themselves though.

oh I don't mind improvement in safety, some of it is overboard yes. getting paid to ride sled n quads, I thougt was a dream job, judging by others posts on various threads. lol.

anyway the point is mute, hired a guy, see how he turns out.

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect. You have a guy. Now get to work so we can go camping and sxs riding.

Bring beer. Yours is free and tastes better.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it had some sort of days off id be all over it larry really dont have any urge to work 7 days a week for 3 or 4 mos straight anymore tho, I actually like my wife and would kinda like to keep her around ... ;)

yup, I understand, not for everyone.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perfect. You have a guy. Now get to work so we can go camping and sxs riding.

Bring beer. Yours is free and tastes better.

yup yup, I always said free beer tastes the best.

can't wait for campngi!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
oh I don't mind improvement in safety, some of it is overboard yes. getting paid to ride sled n quads, I thougt was a dream job, judging by others posts on various threads. lol.

anyway the point is mute, hired a guy, see how he turns out.
Guess I won't apply then.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not all permits in, going out for Tuesday, still have time for application mike#'s

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imdoo'n for sure knows his Pipe Line Locating! Ive seen him "Witch the Pipes" when all other equipment was useless! A Great job it was! Especially when the chips were down, Larry can cheer a guy up in not time flat lol! Can't go wrong with 12 and a half in your pocket each month! If you don't mind walking in waist high snow in minus 30, or if you love the outdoors, and cold weather this is the job for you! Or if your F'n Broke HAhahaha Wow I'm surprised you have'nt landed anyone as of yet Larry! Thats Darn good money for walking and being in your company He-he...

Top Bottom