helping a girlfriend sell 2004 yamaha yz 80

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys/gals bike is located in red deer great condition... runs well... i haven't riden it just started it... problem is no idea what it's worth...

i can't seem to download the picture... if your interested pm me and i'll email the picture...

anyone else if the picture shows up can you give me an idea of what they're worth?

lol... she's gonna hate me she's not my "girlfriend" just a friend

Attachments

• P8248681.jpeg
    P8248681.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 203

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys/gals bike is located in red deer great condition... runs well... i haven't riden it just started it... problem is no idea what it's worth...

i can't seem to download the picture... if your interested pm me and i'll email the picture...

anyone else if the picture shows up can you give me an idea of what they're worth?

lol... she's gonna hate me she's not my "girlfriend" just a friend

Friend Zone level 1000!!!!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of the "friend" since she isn't your girlfriend? Haha. With or without the bike.

Just looking out for your best interests. ;)

Oh yeah, I would imagine $1800 would be a reasonable price someone would offer you. You can ask a lot more. Depends on how quick of a sale you want.

sent from a top secret location

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of the "friend" since she isn't your girlfriend? Haha. With or without the bike.

Just looking out for your best interests. ;)

Oh yeah, I would imagine $1800 would be a reasonable price someone would offer you. You can ask a lot more. Depends on how quick of a sale you want.

lol... no pics... the bike is actually a 2003... suppose to be a better year... thanks for your help... it's in Kijiji red deer now i believe

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol... she said she paid 2900 for it three years ago... and only rode it twice with her two daughters who quickly got tired of some 70cc trail bikes she bought them... so no... sorry

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because someone over paid for something at one point doesn't mean it holds its value a few years later.

A quick look on kijiji shows newer 08 and 09 yz 85's for $2200-2500. Pretty hard to fetch more than $1800-1900 for something 6 years older.

It's not impossible, just be prepared to sit on it if priced high.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just because someone over paid for something at one point doesn't mean it holds its value a few years later.

A quick look on kijiji shows newer 08 and 09 yz 85's for $2200-2500. Pretty hard to fetch more than $1800-1900 for something 6 years older.

It's not impossible, just be prepared to sit on it if priced high.

ok but that's what i was asking too on my first post... what's this bike worth for real???? its a nice bike not beat up... I did a kijiji search and found guys with older bikes for 1500 so i figured 2k was fair??? ... im not making the money just trying to help a friend move the bike... i appreciate your input not trying to be an azz. Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U can buy a crf80 brand new out the door for 2295.00.

Makes Ur used not worth much.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok but that's what i was asking too on my first post... what's this bike worth for real???? its a nice bike not beat up... I did a kijiji search and found guys with older bikes for 1500 so i figured 2k was fair??? ... im not making the money just trying to help a friend move the bike... i appreciate your input not trying to be an azz. Thanks

Dude I gave you a reasonable price someone might offer. That's based upon the guys I know and see buying bikes for their kids, or them selves and so on. It's a clean bike from the photo. But its 10 years old.

Just because someone on kijiji is asking $1500 for their junk doesn't mean its worth it. I see guys asking $35000 for 6-7 year old miles out diesels. Again, they can ask whatever they want, doesn't mean they will get it or its worth it. Stuff will depreciate.

You want a good gauge, load it up, take it to your local dealer, be it turples or whoever and ask them what they would list it on the floor at, then ask them how much they will give you for it. Don't cry from the laughter. Then pick a price between that.

If you want to list it for $2000 go for it. Anything is possible. But everyone who is buying expects a deal and everyone who is selling wants to over value what they have.

I recently sold a bike I think $400-500 less than I was asking because they guy was ready to buy and I didn't want to deal with the 50 other people wanting trade this and offer that. I had a lot into the bike in extras but the guy made the time to be there to look at the bike and brought cash. There were six bikes the same year that were asking almost what the bike was new. I put a reasonable price on it and it sold in 24 hours.

If I was looking for a older 80 for a kid or a girlfriend I wouldn't offer you more then $1400 for that bike because I know if I wait a week there will be two more for sale.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your input isn't worth much.That's not even the same class of a bike.

A new YZ85 is $4000 plus all the other fees and tax. Something that old is half the price of new, and since you can buy 1990's era bike in the $1000 price range, $2000 is a reasonable asking price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just got my price and is 2100.00 new so good luck on the sell and buy the way I have a buddy that is selling wife very low hrs 15 hrs in great shape 2007 crf 150 for 2700. pm me for info lol

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your input isn't worth much.That's not even the same class of a bike.

A new YZ85 is $4000 plus all the other fees and tax. Something that old is half the price of new, and since you can buy 1990's era bike in the $1000 price range, $2000 is a reasonable asking price.

Huh. That's funny I can read. But u can't.

I said Jack sh!t about a yz 85.

But u know.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. That's funny I can read. But u can't.

I said Jack sh!t about a yz 85.

But u know.

No I don't know. I don't understand why you compared a trail bike to a motocross bike.

But u know.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that much difference between them.

The crf has electric start ect to boot.

Not 2 grand difference like u say.

A 04 yz 80 is a good price for buyer and seller at 1750.00.

I was just saying that a new bike was worth cause I just priced one out.

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would bet money a yz80 would spank a crf80. And I don't think it would be close. You know. Lol.

I'm pretty sure you can race a crf150 or a yz85 in the super mini class(for example). Just like a 125 2smoke and a 250f are in the same class........

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can race your 80 against one and find out?

None of it matters. He already said he sold it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would bet money a yz80 would spank a crf80. And I don't think it would be close. You know. Lol.

I'm pretty sure you can race a crf150 or a yz85 in the super mini class(for example). Just like a 125 2smoke and a 250f are in the same class........

I meant as far as price , height ect.

Never mind holyio

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my price and is 2100.00 new so good luck on the sell and buy the way I have a buddy that is selling wife very low hrs 15 hrs in great shape 2007 crf 150 for 2700. pm me for info lol

He is selling his wife and the bike for 2700?? is it the bike or the wife that have 15 hrs??lol

Top Bottom