Help

scottp

Reaction score
Looking for some help on this one.
I had my 2012 600 RMK out on Sunday and went about 20 mins when the check engine light comes on at around 6000rpm and the engine starts missing until you back off. I took it to the dealer and they said the EGT sensor had disconnected, so they re-attached it,took it for a test run and said it was good to go.
When I get home and try to put it into reverse to back off the truck, the engine stops but does not start up again in reverse. this goes for about 4 tries then the engine bogs down,backfires and quits. When I get it restarted it runs like it only has one cylinder.
This sled has only 99 kms on it and is still on its break in tank of fuel.
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I now seriously doubt my dealers capabilities to fix anything.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those sleds still got champion plugs in them? Cause if they do get rid of them and put in NGK plugs. My 07 600RMK would go through champion plugs like crazy, NGK would last for ever!

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was mine it would be going back to the dealer until they get it right. No use trying to fix it yourself while it is under warranty. My 2010 600 has Champion plugs and hasn't missed a beat in 2000 miles.

Reactions: RXN

Honda619

Reaction score
Where were you running the sled- mountains or prairie? My wife runs a 12' 600 RMK and I run the 12' 800. Her sled hasn't missed a beat on 3 rides in BC except when on the trail up which we had to put the scratchers down as it would overheat pretty quickly. Did you happen to notice what temperature you were running when it quit? Was the snow soft or hard packed?
As far as won't start in reverse I don't believe they will start back up in reverse after stalled or shut down manually. Was the sled warmed up before trying to get it off your truck because they do have a protection mode that won't let them run until engine is up to sufficient operating temperature?
My 800 on the other hand would quit running at higher altitude on my first ride. I disconnected the throttle safety switch as well as drained out all of the premixed fuel they put in at factory and remixed my own in the garage and hasn't missed a beat since.

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would he have to change the plugs??? its brand new!!! take it back to your dealer and tell them nicely to please fix it..
If they can't get it right then you may consider contacting polaris canada.. IMO

Top Bottom