Help with some RX1 Front Suspension

IRC

Reaction score
I had a large get off down a rocky creek bed today and wiped out the left side front suspension. Looks like both control arms, maybe the spindle and the simmon's powder II is bent into a "V". I don't think it took out the bulkhead but I'm too tired to look tonight.

I need some help on finding the replacement parts. Does anyone have take offs, can I use apex parts? I saw an add on the board recently for a set of aftermarket spindles and A arms but cant seem to find it now.

The powder on the Island is incredible and I really do not want to miss the rest of the season, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

IRC

Reaction score
Update,

Skis are Simmons Flexi not powder IIs. I left them in hot water for an hour, then set them in my hydraulic press to cool down. They returned to their original shape! Pretty amazing!

Bulkhead is good, but going to need upper and lower control arms and a spindle. Could not get the outboard control arm to spindle bolts out. Had to use a saws all.

Anybody have an opinion on the timber sled stuff? Looks like it might be cheaper to go aftermarket for both sides than to replace just one side with stock parts.

Jim

boosted metal

Reaction score
call chad at cr racing in kelowna. He has used stock sets and 1 set of holtz or timbersled? used.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya chad has the timbersled on castanet

here is the add

Timber sled front end fits apex,vector,slightly used saves 14lbs complete with spindles 250 491 1836 Chad

IRC

Reaction score
Thank you for all the response! both here and PM. I will call CR tomorrow.

Jim

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but just for the record the stock ones are the strongest......That is what I went for when replacing mine......I do remember a left set for sale on castanet or kijiji......will try to find......what color are your? mountain stance?

IRC

Reaction score
Mine are silver, top is approximately 13" and the bottom is 14.5" which I think is the smaller of the widths.

Jim

IRC

Reaction score
No luck with CR Racing on take offs, But he does have a used set of Timbersled control arms and spindles.

IRC

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help have a set coming from "shankster" in Alberta. Should be here in time for a Sunday Ride! Finger crossed.

Jim

Top Bottom