Help With Quartz

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me where an easy place to ride is on quartz. me and a friend want to bring out sleds out to get used to them and figured quartz was the closest for us. neither of us have ever been there. i am looking for something that would be close to the main trail kinda like sugar bowl in revy. its not far from the cabin and easy to ride. any help would be great.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its all like that

when you arrive at the cabin you can go left or stright and to the right so to speak..

it all funnels back to the cabin so pretty easy ti find your way

to the left is some open flat areas with some small pokes and a few trees then you hit park boundry just 5 kms or so in... trail to cabin is 15kms

up striaght is bigger and can expolore more,, some nice trees and pokes etc and you can travel more to the right westish I think... again pretty easy to get back to cabin just funnels back down

its very easy p[lace to get around even on a first trip

I plan to be there at 9am tomora.. just wait n to see if anyone else is in

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if i am heading there from calgary is the turn off before or after golden?

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Zenk
Here is a link to give you some guidence for the Golden area -
I would also like to start riding there since a single ride a couple years back at Quartz Creek. Awesome place to go and seemed pretty easy to navigate overall. Thinking about heading out myself for a ride on Sunday or Monday. Coming out solo so only going to make the trip from Calgary myself if I can confirm someone to join up with. Let me know if you are up for adding another to your party.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if i am heading there from calgary is the turn off before or after golden?

its excatly 38kms on left side WEST OF GOLDEN,, you will see a green quartz or snowmobile sign on right side as you come up a big hill then its on the left just like a driveway and you stage right there,, very simple, pay at booth and go 15kms up single trail to the cabin

cyrus

Reaction score
I will be riding tomorrow the 31st at Quartz creek. I am leaving calgray in the next hour and will be at the parking lot inthe morning. I will be riding solo, so hoping i can meet up with someone in the parking lot.

clintonferriss@hotmail.com is my contact

snowgood

Reaction score
Iam in riding solo would like some ride partners, should be there @ 9ish also coming from calgary.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how far is it from calgary? i would love to go but it would have to be a day trip

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one and only time I went before we got there from NW Calgary in just under 4 hours including gas stops. That said it was a few years ago so not sure how long it would take with some of the road improvements. I plan on budgeting the same amount of time again this time.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k, sounds good. thanks for the info. heading up to ride Quartz tomorrow. coming solo so looking for partners or a group to join up with. Planning to be at the launch by 10. IM me if you would like to meet up and we can exchange contact details.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
me and my buddy are driving up to golden tomorrow late morning and prolly go for a afternoon ride up. then on the 2nd we will be going up first thing in the am. it is our first time there and were both new riders but anyone who wants to tag along is more then welcome.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone who is interested... send me a cell number i can get ahole of you at and i will call tomorrow night to plan it out

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kicking horse snow report was showing nearly 2 feet of snow in the last week. Not sure how much settling has occured due to the warm temps and the odd shower. I hope most of it is around and still fluffy up high

Top Bottom