Help, wife's sled wont start

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting here srolling through the threads, feeling pretty blaa as I have the night shift in the frezzing cold blues. But after reading this thread It warms the carcules of my heart....very very cool!:d:):d

the what of your heart?

spike7ss

Reaction score
Its funny, because I have the same sled, and mine will do this some times when warmed up, it wont start, you can pull and pull and pull. But like mentioned and I was going to post it as I read through the post, give it some throttle, and it will start.

One thing to look out for on your sled, because it happened to mine, and drove me CRAZY for a year untill I found out, is the throttle safety switch will wear out and fail. And with that many kms, its bound to happen. Here is the info on how to remedy this problem.

And there is nothing wrong with a powder special! I ride one , dont laugh, its paid for!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I DOO ACCEPT HUGS AND KISSES;) ..... HOW WAS THE PARTY? DID THE KIDS HAVE A GOOD TIME??:d

Big xoxo comingi at you! The party was a blast. I had 4 big boys from the ages of 10 to 14 then my four kids. I took the big boys for a ride, and the most cocky of these young men was so scared riding in the skimmer I had him on behind me. Took them for a couple of kms up the mountain then down a great "short cut" I like to take. I let each boy try driving my sled, with me on back so I could grab on to the throttle or break if need be. Some had barely ever been in nature at all. I stopped to show them cat tracks, wolf tracks, coyote tracks Elk tracks, and where a moose punched through. Then some exciting poop that was probably martin or racoon. They did great, had a blast and after having the poop scared out of them behaved like perfect gentlemen. It was awesome! My son was so thankful.
Thanks again!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its funny, because I have the same sled, and mine will do this some times when warmed up, it wont start, you can pull and pull and pull. But like mentioned and I was going to post it as I read through the post, give it some throttle, and it will start.

One thing to look out for on your sled, because it happened to mine, and drove me CRAZY for a year untill I found out, is the throttle safety switch will wear out and fail. And with that many kms, its bound to happen. Here is the info on how to remedy this problem.

And there is nothing wrong with a powder special! I ride one , dont laugh, its paid for!

I will watch for throttle safety switch. Have no idea hwat or where it is off hand, but I will find it and watch it! I would never laugh at anyone riding a powder special!
You have no idea how much I love my sled. My husband actuall misquoted my kms I am just pushing 2000 now. Bought it at 1500 from a guy who hardly used it. I stalked him for a year then he hesitantly sold me his. He didn't want to sell, but wanted a tundra or a skandic as his work sled. I just have to help him find one. That was the deal.
I just love how I can throw it around, pull the kids, then go on the hills with my hubby. It never feels overwhelming or unbalanced.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Becareful with "different plugs" . I think that the powder specials uses NGK BR9E YA and BR9E will also work with a gap of 0.030". I am not sure what plugs Summit's use Champions NC 57 ? :)
Ya when Wally the parts guy cross referenced the summit plugs they were incompatable. They burn hotter too. I have the ones ending in YA now. Really nice. Back to starting like a dream!

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just at the parts store in town. We don't have an actual sled shop here. They didn't really know what I was talking about. (silly girl wanting to stick things in her sled)I bought new plugs, and snowmobile gasline antifreeze that is safe for injectors, and I have a ceramic heater Blowing into my sled with blankets around it. The plugs my husband put it were the spares from his summit, they were a bit different. Tried to start with the new plugs in, but it's like she wants to go but won't. I'll have to wait to see if the wamth makes a difference or my husband can do as you guys suggested and pour gas right into the plug holes when he gets home. I'm not really sure how to do that and I don't want to screw anything up! Thanks for knowing what I was talking about, now I can phone around. It worked really good on my ZR.
just a suggestion here first make sure your getting fuel and spark then i would have a compression test done low compression could make for hard starting but theres three basic things you need for an engine to run fuel, spark and compression if you have all that and still not running then further diagnosis is required and also see what kind of fuel pressure its supose to have and possibly check that ive heard of the 600 powder special fuel pump failing in a couple guys machines also maybey an injector is or has failed anyway i hope you get the problem figured out and you get your sled running good luck!!!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a suggestion here first make sure your getting fuel and spark then i would have a compression test done low compression could make for hard starting but theres three basic things you need for an engine to run fuel, spark and compression if you have all that and still not running then further diagnosis is required and also see what kind of fuel pressure its supose to have and possibly check that ive heard of the 600 powder special fuel pump failing in a couple guys machines also maybey an injector is or has failed anyway i hope you get the problem figured out and you get your sled running good luck!!!!
Gotter going! Compression is fine. She ran like a trooper. Started continually and ran strong and clean. It was awesome.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i see that now i guess i should read further before adding my 2 cents lol but im glad you got it running !!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Good to hear the birthday was a success.... Kids are our most important piece of our life, while they're young and still moldable. Guess all my years in automotives pays off sometimes, eh? Enjoy the sleddin' season...... What, no pics???;)

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear the birthday was a success.... Kids are our most important piece of our life, while they're young and still moldable. Guess all my years in automotives pays off sometimes, eh? Enjoy the sleddin' season...... What, no pics???;)

I agree, one of the things we most enjoy is the pic's, especially when the family is involved.........

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K..... I'm going to put pictures up right now if I can figure this thing out. We're on dial up out here in the boonies so bear with me!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Birthday time! My son is to the left of my husband.

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I figured it out (they are the cute ones!) This picture was yesterday

Last edited:
Top Bottom