Help which sled to buy??

Colten K

Reaction score
Im looking at buying a used sled, i have 2 in mind, i mostly ride flatland in the fields and some trails, i need some expert help on which sled to buy since im new to the soprt??

1, 2006 Arctic cat crossfire 700 136''

2, 2004 skiddo rev 800 151''

WHICH ONE?????????? thanks alot for the help:d

Captainkip

Reaction score
Get the arctic cat. That engine is a good one and the track length is ideal for your area. It should be a great sled all around

Not that I dont like the 800 rev with the 151. But its more of a mountain sled.

my .02 cents

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would pick the Cat. It is a Hybrid sled that will work great for your ditch riding and in the odd case if you ventured to the mountains it would hold its own in most stuff. Where the Doo you would be disappointed with around home. With the longer track it will (would) be harder to throw around and have fun with on the flat land.
Just my .04 cents.. (.02 cents for each point)
either way you will have a sled that you can call yours and have TONS of fun on..:d

Last edited:

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just another quick note...
the Cat will start in (whatever weather) in two pulls...
the Doo, you are lucky on a good day with fresh plugs in three or four..

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the cat for the type of sledding your looking at doing. Unless you'r going to the mountain alot.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the doo had a 144" track I'd say REV all the way, but the 136 will serve you better at home and still be adequate in the hills.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a diehard doo guy but on this one the Cat wins. Doo will want to push straight and be harder to corner. Cat will have ample power and better suspension for flat land riding. Can't believe I picked green:eek::d

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have your heart set on one of those two go with the Cat....but you should consider the switchback...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just another quick note...
the Cat will start in (whatever weather) in two pulls...
the Doo, you are lucky on a good day with fresh plugs in three or four..

i'd say by the cat, unless you intend to ride mtn areas, the 136will be a night mare in the deep snow. the 151 will tend to push straight in the flats, you may not notice that much though.

Sounds like the ptool has had a few problems, any out of tune sled will give you trouble, make sure both sleds are cold when you have a look see, and then observe the sellers starting procedure. as most sellers will have the sled warm when you show up, starts easier, masks blow by and carb problems.

don't listen to brand loyal bullsht as most have an agenda, or can't tune sleds to run.

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id go with the cat! but my initials are cat so there you go! two pulls for sure, unless your out of gas! like every one said the shorter track will be nice for ab riding. and when u go to bc you just got to ride it like you stole it. like we all used to have to do back in the day! lol just my 2 cents

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well from my experience and seeing my friends experiences id go with the arctic cat there seems to be more that goes wrong with the rev than i personally like so if you wanna just pull the rope and ride my choice would be the arctic cat

dooski

Reaction score
try starting a m1000 in minus 20 weather,it will not even pull over. I own one

Top Bottom