Help what helix to run on my m1000

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm looking at picking up an rk-tek secondary this week and not sure what helix to order with it ? It's an 09 m1000 stock with a jaws can , they recommend the 40/36 but I'm just checking to see if anyone has any experience with this setup or any better suggestions . I ride revy and mcbride mostly so around 7000' , thanks

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm looking at picking up an rk-tek secondary this week and not sure what helix to order with it ? It's an 09 m1000 stock with a jaws can , they recommend the 40/36 but I'm just checking to see if anyone has any experience with this setup or any better suggestions . I ride revy and mcbride mostly so around 7000' , thanks

That Helix will work well for you,thats what I have used on stock M1000,I went with Cutler though,at the time RKT was using some weird set up for reverse that didn't work properly,not sure if he has redesigned it.

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be trying a straight 38* with a red/white spring, that is what ive been recommended on my 09

c_nelson99

Reaction score
buy the m-7 open style helix with the delrin tension adjuster and slp shift assist bearing, cheaper than rktech and it uses stock springs that wont bind when you use reverse. Buddy had 36deg rktech on his m8 seemed to always be a pain in the ass, we swapped it out to a regular 36deg helix and he likes the simplicity more. Not sure why a/c ditched the adjustable helix its great, you just need the adjuster tool. Crank it in for more backshift out for less, has more range of adjustment.

Iam running a 42/38 helix on my 09 m1000 with slp pipe kit and I want to upstep to like a 44/40, seems like it could easily pull more helix for increased track speed in my opinion.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the reply guys , there are so many different opinions and people saying get this or don't get this I think I'm going to try the rk-tek or cutler and go from there , hopefully it will work how I want it too

Top Bottom