Help - tMotion Rear Arm Mount Problem

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent quite a few hours today getting everything put back together - not the best set of instructions…now I have got the suspension back in the track and the 2 front chassis bolts started.
Go to get the back chassis lined up to bolt in and find that the bushings DO NOT FIT in the rear upper axle tube!!! It appears the tMotion kit has really thin bushings in the end of the tube so that the the big ones that you reuse won't slide in….

WTF do you do? Try and force fit them or what…?

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made them work. Used my drill press as a lathe.
Put a bolt and nut in the bushing, tightened it good and put the end of the bolt in the drill press.
Used a file to work the bushing to the right size and polished it up with sanding cloth.

Amazing how small little problems eat up so much shop time…

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything fit perfectly for me in my 09, the kit basically fell into place.

Sent from my iPhone using

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 12. I just tapped them in and works fine. If you have trouble starting them just taper the end a bit to get them started. I also put in more grease zerks.
Have to say there is a lot of parts in the package for the price. Good value it would seem. Haven't had the time on the snow - and am not the best rider - to make a serious judgment on the kit - but it does roll over the first initial few degrees way easier and doesn't seem to want to get the sled back to horizontal in such a hurry - and thats a good thing on a Summit.

Top Bottom