Help!! Sled Fouling Plugs

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
Need help!! Got a trip planned leaving on Sunday (12h drive). My 2014 800 RMK is fouling both plugs about every 5 miles, a couple times it was less then that. Gone through 4 or 5 sets already. The sled only has 600 miles and about 50 miles this season. A couple times it first fouled one side, then very shortly after the other side as well. Twice when I let it idle for a while after driving a couple miles the sled just completely died almost like you would hit the kill switch. Change the plugs and it runs perfectly again for another couple miles.

Just installed a MTNTK full mod and it started after that but im not sure that is the problem. Ran a data log with the bullydog and MTNTK said everything looks good as far as the mapping is concerned. TPS is good, settings are within spec and no spike in voltage in any throttle position. Both spark plug caps and wires looked good so trimmed the wires and reinstalled caps. What could be causing this? I desperately want to get it going today or tomorrow in time for our trip!!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil pump stuck wide open? I would assume it also smokes real bad and burns lots of oil, check the linkage from the throttle bodies to oil pump. This is assuming that its not fuel related as this should show up with more significant drive-ability issues.

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
I will deFinetly check that. Iv only burnt through half a tank of gas so tough to say how much oil it uses.

Top Bottom