Help picking a quad!!!!

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Trying to pick out a quad. Really like the look of the 2015 cat and outlander XT. What is the quality like on them? People out there tell me cat have a lot of probs and they are low on power? people keep telling me to go with gris or brute or can am. I love the look of the new cat and the can am xt. Can am XT comes with bumpers and winch and they have the v-twin motor good ground clearance and suspension travel. The only thing i dont like about Can Am is it not having a sold diff lock. what is there auto diff lock like? Not looking to buy a bunch of after market parts for my quad. I just want to use it as it come. Thats why I dont like the brut. It has crap ground clearance and suspension travel. I want this quad to plow snow and trail ride. So tell me what you all think thanks

Last edited:

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There both good units, and don't let the 1.6" clearance between the 2 units change your game plan.

2 quads I have are 7.8" and I go many places all season long, trick is to pick your path.

I buy reliability and who is going to handle my service more then the unit its self, with out that, your stepping into issuses "if" things need addressing.

Use the dealer and shop you have done years of quality buissness with over the many of years and enjoy a lift time of smooth sailing for many years to come.
Chain up all 4 tires to push snow, and take your family and friends on many outing of good times on any unit you choose as good times will be had by all when you join in on what ever adventure comes along.

Cheers Lem

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The if the Canned Ham has power steering (most do now) it will have the viscolock "QE"....quick engage. I've seen the old and the new in action and the QE engages in about a 1/4 turn of the opposite wheel. The old visco seemed to take 3 or 4 spins of the tractionless wheel before it would engage.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can am is far superior than a cat quad... Not even in the same league. Can am all the way, some decent deals until the end of Feb with 3 yr full warranty.

Why do you want a cat? Cheaper to buy?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about ground clearance too much if you're not much into mudding. Clearance is great when you need it but it does come at the cost of a higher center of gravity.

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The if the Canned Ham has power steering (most do now) it will have the viscolock "QE"....quick engage. I've seen the old and the new in action and the QE engages in about a 1/4 turn of the opposite wheel. The old visco seemed to take 3 or 4 spins of the tractionless wheel before it would engage.

I'm looking at 2014 can am

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can am is far superior than a cat quad... Not even in the same league. Can am all the way, some decent deals until the end of Feb with 3 yr full warranty.

Why do you want a cat? Cheaper to buy?

I like the look, ground clearance, lots of suspension travel. They do come with crap tires I herd.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go for this quad.

Attachments

• girls.jpg
    girls.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 210

D.C

Reaction score
Don't buy anything cause you like the "look" of it. That's how women shop, and we all know their logic! Love my brute because of that low end torque. I could give a sh*t about ground clearance, im looking for reliability and that fun factor that puts a smile on my face.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can am

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep it coming all! Nice to get everyone's opinion. Thanks to all that have took the time to reply!!

Last edited:

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You brute people. Do you really like the goofy little diff lock lever. wouldn't you rather have a switch!!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You brute people. Do you really like the goofy little diff lock lever. wouldn't you rather have a switch!!

I've never had the opportunity to try that "goofy little diff lock lever", but that is the single most appealing feature of the Brute to me. The problem with a conventional diff lock is that you cannot engage it while moving, and by the time you realize you need it, it's usually too late. That's kind of where the CanAm visco lock shines too - problem is you can't turn it off if you ever need to.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That lever is good. As long as your not wide open spinning one tire as fast as it goes then pull it in the lever it won't ever give you any trouble. Brutes are good as long as you 4x4 in low not high. They will 4x4 in high but will wreck belts. And don't wait till your stuck to put it in 4x4. Put it in 4x4 and you won't have issues. My 650/750 brute was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.C

Reaction score
I put this here little unit on and it frees up my hand while keeping the front diff locked.

D.C

Reaction score
No stopping either to engage diff lock and never had any issues with my 2014 750 yet. It has been ridden hard, trust me on this!

Top Bottom