help needed!!!

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello i have a 2000 cr 125R and im just tuning the air screw. the manual says if lean coming out of a turn turn this way and if coming out of a turn rich turn this way. how do you know if it is lean or rich? my bike i had running great but now when i get it realy warm if I go to pin it in low to low/mid rpm it bogs or goes. also sometimes it seems like there is a dead spot in the power band somtimes. ex: I turn the throttel in 1st slow and smoothly but in between 1/2 and 3/4 its the same speed. im going riding tomorow :) if anybody could give me some pointer it would be nice!

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To figure out if its rich or lean run it at the low rpm for a couple of seconds and immediatly shut it off and pull ur spark plug out if it is wet or black it is rich if its white its lean. Idealy it will be a chocolate brown. As well if it backfires or pops as the rpms come down when u let off it is a sign of a lean condition. When was the last time u rode it if it was during the summer the bike will be running lean cause the colder air is more dense and has mor oxygen.

Top Bottom