help. need some info!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have or know a few things about a 03 GSX-R.

-first where is the reserve switch? is there one?
-when the fuel light comes on how far of "easy" driving can you go?
-H4 headlight bulbs?
-if this bike is fuel injected, why is there a choke lever on the left grip?
-what is the steel rod in the trunk for? (it looks like a tool of some sort)
-does any one have a service book on DVD for this bike?

love the bike so far!

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the bar is to hold the tank up while working the plugs or air filter,and depending what model 750.600 have a fast idle lever that holds the throttle open a little for cold starts so it doesnt die out not a choke. on my 1100 i could get around 35km when the light would come on,on my honda i get 25 kmthe only real way of knowing is have somone follow you untill it dies and you,ll have your answer

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the bar is to hold the tank up while working on it,and depending what model 750.600,it may have carbs and on my 1100 i could get around 35km when the light would come on,on my honda i get 25 km

lol thanks for the info! the tank is hinged? it is a 600 but the Gauge cluster has a FI on it which I thought was fuel injected? that is what the spec on a web site said.....03 600 fuel injected! will have to check it out!

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
added to my prev story just went out and checked my neigbors 04 750

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is fuel injected.... it is a fast idle not a choke...thanks for all the info...

put on over 700 km in the last 4 days lol what should this bike get for fuel mileage? I get about 48 mpg so far!

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is fuel injected.... it is a fast idle not a choke...thanks for all the info...

put on over 700 km in the last 4 days lol what should this bike get for fuel mileage? I get about 48 mpg so far!

250 to 300 km if your nice to it:d but on my 954 i only get 200

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 200 km and the light low fuel light came on. it only took 11 liters which I thought was about half the tank. I thought the tank holds about 4 1/2 gallons so I could have ran another 100-150 km easy with out running out of gas? what is up with the light?

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
my tank empty hold 18 bucks
which brings me 200-280km depends how i drive

most fuel gauges on bikes are absolutely worthless
more like indication u need to think about filling up

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like what.......A ZX? dime a dozzen around here. I was thinking a R1 so I could keep the tools the same as my sled.....not because everyone else has one! most bikes around here are 6-750......not to many big bikes since we are not like alberta........you cant go 300.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
well its really up to u what u like or not

i just see way to many of all the new litter bikes on the road

12r ninja is for example something special

mine of course is extremely rare (according to registry only 4 in saskabush)

triumph speed triple nice bike

ktm rc8

hondas older fireblades

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headlights should be an H7 and an H11. The reserve lights can be pessimistic on some bikes but you should be good for nearly 50k at the mileage you're getting. Throw a small 5L jerry can in a tailpack and go for a ride when the light turns on. Haynes is probably your best bet for a service manual.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going to go the jerry can thing because when the light comes on and I go fill up it is about 11 to 16 litters (depends on how fast I hit a gas station lol)to fill up.......tank hold I think 5 gallons? probably us gallons so 20 liters and I get about 200-220 kim before light goes on so Im going to agree on about 50 Km or more before I run out! if I drive really nice I bet I could get over 100km as soon as the light goes on lol.

headlights are a H4....I put some Piaa builbs in since I have a few sets sitting around but going to do the HID thing for next summer.

I should figure out how to lift the gas tank and see what is under there lol.......need to check coolant % for winter and do an oil change before it gets cold out. bought a new bike jacket and it is no longer cold out lol. plated till mid nov so will be riding everyday till then!

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the rad cap won't be accessible under the tank, it's under the right hand side fairing at the top corner of the rad.

Top Bottom