help my throtle is stuck wide open

reneak

Reaction score
hello there.
I have a 99 rmk 700. took it out yesterday and rode for a couple of hours, then out of know where the throdle stuck wide open. the thumb part feels good and the spring back part seems right, the cable to the oil injector looks good and seems to work right when the throdle is pushed. when i turn sled on it is stuck with wide open throtle.

can some one please point me in the right dircetion

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
remove the caps on the carbs on of the springs in the carbs is bound on the side. take some time and put them in slowly

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if u can through it in a shop or something with heat as well. some times that does the trick too. or just go get a new one. and remember to always check your when its cold, or in the powder before u pull the cord. could have put you in the hospital!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
If you don't see a problem then replace it. The wire inside sometimes begins to frey and then your hooped. Had this happen in Troutlake BC last year with my 800 RMK.
Again, if you don't see a problem, replace it. This is one of the parts on the sled you don't want to take risks.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tape the throttle to the bar !! That's the only way to ride anyways !!
NO, just kidding.. I would pull the tops off the carbs and see if they are moving up and down smoothly and if so I would replace the cables..

Top Bottom