help! i need to add risers

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so i have been wanting risers for the past year & now my sled is home to do it. can anyone tell me the best place to get them along with whatever else i will need. i have measured them and it looks like i need to go up at least 8" i am almost 6' tall. so post it here or PM the info on who will have the best prices or if you can help lol! i have an 05 polaris switchback

spm731

Reaction score
I did about 7 inches on my 03 rmk last year. I don't know what combonation will give you 8 inches, but you will need a pivot adaptor (which is about 3 inches give or take), and a pivot riser block (4 inches is what I used). You will also need a powermadd throttle cable extention and powermadd extended brake line. I did some looking around and prices on this stuff seemed to run about the same anywhere I went, the pivot adapter was around $65-70, block was about $35, brake line was about $55-60 and the throttle cable extension was (can't remember exactly) around $45 or 50. It's gonna run you around $200 plus taxes. This is all assuming your cables are the same length as mine were, but I'm pretty sure they would be, although an 8 inch rise almost guarantees you will need extensions on your cables. As well some of your wiring on your handlebars may need to be lengthened. Mine are just long enough (my kill switch wire comes uncoupled from time to time though). But if you need to lengthen then it would be wise to solder them back together where you join them and not just use electrical tape, just cleaner. You will probably want to install handguards after you do this as well (hands get pretty cold without a windshield to block wind).

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the dealer is about $95 an hour! took me about an hour to do my dads electrical and about an hour to do the rest! someone in alberta should be able to do it.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you might want to go with a wildchild chromolly steering post so it wont break off with that much rise. think they are $140 ish out of vernon just my 2 cent!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did about 7 inches on my 03 rmk last year. I don't know what combonation will give you 8 inches, but you will need a pivot adaptor (which is about 3 inches give or take), and a pivot riser block (4 inches is what I used). You will also need a powermadd throttle cable extention and powermadd extended brake line. I did some looking around and prices on this stuff seemed to run about the same anywhere I went, the pivot adapter was around $65-70, block was about $35, brake line was about $55-60 and the throttle cable extension was (can't remember exactly) around $45 or 50. It's gonna run you around $200 plus taxes. This is all assuming your cables are the same length as mine were, but I'm pretty sure they would be, although an 8 inch rise almost guarantees you will need extensions on your cables. As well some of your wiring on your handlebars may need to be lengthened. Mine are just long enough (my kill switch wire comes uncoupled from time to time though). But if you need to lengthen then it would be wise to solder them back together where you join them and not just use electrical tape, just cleaner. You will probably want to install handguards after you do this as well (hands get pretty cold without a windshield to block wind).

thanks i did phone cycle works in west ed. and that is the prices they gave me. but with looking at it i have a ladies on the ladies web site that has a 6" she will send me for free so i will get that and then might only have to buy cable extenders but i will keep looking thanks for the help!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an SLP brake line for a Polaris, it measures 37" from fitting to fitting and would like to get $25.00 for it. You may have enough throttle cable that you may not need an extention. Did your lady friend say the riser would fit a Polaris steering post? If you need a hand i can help you. I'm from the Fort and i work at one of the plants so i'm there daily. Higgins.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer I wil check into it And yes she said it would fit mine so I will see how fast it can get here as I am heading out on the 26 and would like to have it done for then. Again thanks for the help.

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 6 feet and put a 4 inch riser with a half inch offset plate,works awesome,had too extend my handgrip wires, brakeline i used the stock one,cable is stock but off of a vertical escape witch are about 2 inches longer,call lee at mountain magic,thats were i got my stuff,i ride a 2003 polaris 800 rmk.

Top Bottom