HELP how to adjust BF650 BELT??????

loose cannon

Reaction score
i could use some help please, i put a new belt on just because i put on lots of hard km on it. the new belt is too tight, it screechin at idle and when put in gear it grinds to get in and quad starts rolling without any gas , when i put on brakes when in gear the belt squeals very loud. How do i loosen the belt.should the belt sit flush or up a little on back clutch? thanks any info would be great.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should sit flush or even alittle bit higher afew mm ..

it sounds to me your bikes idle is way to high man.

your clutch primary should be disengaged at idle rpm i would imagine.

you may also have a stuck roller but I'm not entirely familiar with those BF clutches.

But i would imagine

When you put the belt on did you keep the clutch tight so the rollers couldn't just fall in.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My first thought..............Wrong Belt!
catmando!

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first thought..............Wrong Belt!
catmando!

Or this .. was just assuming he had the right one

also buy OEM on any of these machines. aftermarkets tend to blow up on people esp on these Brute force's

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who knows for sure but the belt would be the first thing to check,and then start into the rest,dealers may have read the wrong number in the book,stuff happens!
catmando!

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a stock belt, and clutch kit.
Problem solved

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A clutch kit is a waist of money on the 650 bf unless your going to run 28"+ tires. I ended up taking mine off cause I was cookin belts when riding at higher speeds, it dropped my top speed from 104 down to around 85kmph.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A clutch kit is a waist of money on the 650 bf unless your going to run 28"+ tires. I ended up taking mine off cause I was cookin belts when riding at higher speeds, it dropped my top speed from 104 down to around 85kmph.

It all depends on the clutch kit as well. The HL kit is to extreme for almost any machine but if you run the epi or dalton they are made for any tire combo. The secondary spring is what drops your top speed, if you still want the bottom end snap and not lose top end just change the primary spring(this is what most kits have except the 28+ tires kits which have the secondary spring) I am getting an XTX extreme duty belt put in mine to try and they will guaruntee it for 1 year supposedly even if I smoke it doing stupid crap!

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your belt with the dealer a teryx belt is almost the same part number (it is a little wider), go with dalton clutch kit as it is adjustable (if you are looking for a clutch kit) and check your belt deflection if it is to tight it will squeal (probly not your problem though). Belt deflection is adjusted by adding/removing/changing the shims that are inside of the secondary clutch. You need a deflection tool and secondary compressor to do this. Good time to add a clutch kit while it is apart.

Top Bottom