Help? Helmet camera's

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at helmet cams for a while now and at first was stuck on the gopro, then I noticed that their were more brands that were of the same quality of the gopro. I've narrowed my decision down to two cameras the GOPRO HD HERO2 and the contour GPS. I'll be using it a lot for sledding in the winter, dirt biking and quading in the summer. Wondering some of the pro's and con's. Thank you.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks, do
You have the LCD backpack? Or do you have a laptop in the room to make sure that you got some
Good videos and to delete the bad ones, to make room for the next day of riding?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the hero HD, with the lcd backpack. I have no complaints at all. Very easy to use, and shoots great video.

sent from a phone

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the hero HD, with the lcd backpack. I have no complaints at all. Very easy to use, and shoots great video.

sent from a phone

Can you delete vids while out sledding? Or only view them? or do you have to Have your laptop at the hotel then delete vids that didn't run out?, so you have more memory or the next day..

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you delete vids while out sledding? Or only view them? or do you have to Have your laptop at the hotel then delete vids that didn't run out?, so you have more memory or the next day..

Can do it all right on the camera.

sent from a phone

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By reading different websites and such I've noticed that theirs lots of pro's and a few cons. For pretty much all of the cons I've thought of some solutions for me that will cancel out the cons.
No screen to view vids: buy LCD backpack
Battery life:buy another battery and keep it in my windshield bag where their is some heat.
Small start button: I leave my helmet strap kinda loose so I can squeeze the strap over my chin and pull my helmet off to start it if I need to. No biggy.

So I've pretty much decided on the gopro, because of the Huge variety of mounts, video quality, not much wind noise in videos I've watched, tons of accessories. Think it suits my needs best.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I have. Hasn't knocked it out of joint though.

sent from a phone

Okay sounds good buddy!! Since I am ordering it.. What are some mounts and accessories like spare batteries, memory cards that I should order aswell?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will come with all the mounts you need. I've never had problems with battery life. Took lots of video this weekend, was out three days, and didn't charge it once.

sent from a phone

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will come with all the mounts you need. I've never had problems with battery life. Took lots of video this weekend, was out three days, and didn't charge it once.

sent from a phone

Wow I guess I read wrong about the battery life! That awesome! What about memory cards? Thinking I want a suction cup mount for my windshield on the dragon for tree riding.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I guess I read wrong about the battery life! That awesome! What about memory cards? Thinking I want a suction cup mount for my windshield on the dragon for tree riding.

I have a 16gb card for mine. Get the best one you can get.
I wouldn't recommend suction cup mount. It looks cool on video, but the sound sucks.

sent from a phone

Top Bottom