Help!! 2016 M8000 or 2016 T3??

JP403

Reaction score
Hey guys what's your opinions just sold my sled and looking to replace it with either a new cat for a new doo...

Never owned a skidoo before have had cat all my life, sled I sold was 12 M8 which I was never to fond of how it rode etc..reading up on the 16 looks like it will be night and day from my 12.. What do you guys think does anyone here have a 16 cat and taken it out what are your opinions? Anyone made the switch from cat to doo what do you think?

Hopefully buying something next week!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what's your opinions just sold my sled and looking to replace it with either a new cat for a new doo...

Never owned a skidoo before have had cat all my life, sled I sold was 12 M8 which I was never to fond of how it rode etc..reading up on the 16 looks like it will be night and day from my 12.. What do you guys think does anyone here have a 16 cat and taken it out what are your opinions? Anyone made the switch from cat to doo what do you think?

I was never ever ever a fan of the cat 12's. I rode a 13, and 14 and it was like night and day, and I've heard even more so for the 15 and 16s. Who dealership wise do you have the best relationship with? That can be a huge determining factor. I really do like the feel of the new doos, the t motion is wicked for laying it over. I am a Polaris lover and a half... pretty sure I bleed blue, but if you're choosing between cat and doo, try them both out, but also take into account dealership support.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 t3 174 and it is a very refined sled very smooth fuel efficient engine it has some cooling and slide rail wear issues that I have remedies for. Everone I talk to that has rode the 2016 cat has raved about all the refinements that have given the sled improvements in handling and belt life.The engine is a little dated compared to the doo but has proven to be dead reliable. I think you cannot go wrong either way. I would even give consideration to dealer support and reputation if it was my dilemma to solve

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 t3 174 and it is a very refined sled very smooth fuel efficient engine it has some cooling and slide rail wear issues that I have remedies for. Everone I talk to that has rode the 2016 cat has raved about all the refinements that have given the sled improvements in handling and belt life.The engine is a little dated compared to the doo but has proven to be dead reliable. I think you cannot go wrong either way. I would even give consideration to dealer support and reputation if it was my dilemma to solve

run a cat dealer. toss a coin, literally. doo has been the best out of the box STOCK sled on the mtn since the inception of the XM. Polaris a close second then cat. 2014 was really good for cat, 15 good, 16 jumped them to a coin toss with doo.

if I were you, my decision would solely be based on dealer relations.
good luck

MtnMaster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere the snow is deep, and the hills are steep
easy decision....

Do you want to smoke crack, or do you want to smoke crystal meth? That's the comparison........ Both are highly addictive, both will take every dime you have, both will ruin yet enhance your life in ways no one thought possible. Either way, welcome to spending every dime you have on your new addiction. Its all downhill (or you can go uphill if you buy the 'Doo) from here.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I jumped from a 2010 M8 onto my T3 and I love it. I have spent a little bit of time on a 2014 M8, I personally didn't care for the ergos or the engine vibration at low speed but other than that it seems like a good sled. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either sled. Cat has made some great improvements for the 2016 M sleds IMO. Pick whichever dealer has a good service and parts stock.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own a couple of 14 cats and they are alright but last week I spent some time on a 16 cat and wow does it feel nice. I would love to have one, it flops like the doo's do but seem much more stable because of the awesome evol shocks

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dealing with same dilemma right now. could be a dealer thing, but the cats i've seen have one year warranty and the doos 3-4 depending on x package or not. doo dealer said for $500 could make it a 5 yr warranty, and the cat dealer said 2 or 3 yr was $2700 extra but he'd give it to me for $1800. hard to beat the doo warranty imo.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 with momma. Dealership is key. I live 11 km from a doo dealer. I drive right by it and head 2 plus hours away to bow ridge to deal with Byron and my buddy and no longer a dealer( mr.rs) aka. Snopro. Been buying doo since 1994 from snopro as a dealer and now sales for bow ridge cause of the on going support and 1 on 1 contact. Staying open late, shipping parts etc for his customers. At Bowridge your not just a customer your a friend at the shop or on the mountain. Sleds and parts are huge purchases, there is nothing wrong with interviewing the dealer. WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DOO FOR YOU? At Bowridge your not a one time customer your a repeat customer. Good luck with your purchase

Last edited:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maintaining your sled is 1st key. Warrenty and dealer are second. They are all great sleds these days. Seen lots of brand new sleds looking like they've been through Syria and back then brought in for warrenty work. Take care of your chit and they will run forever.

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
I own a couple of 14 cats and they are alright but last week I spent some time on a 16 cat and wow does it feel nice. I would love to have one, it flops like the doo's do but seem much more stable because of the awesome evol shocks
Bopper I told you that last winter, I'm more then willing to get you on a new 2016 cat. Even better price then last time we spoke. Although I did notice many people make mention "feel good about the dealer" and that means you should stop in. Love to put a face to ya..lol
if the T3 is something you like cat has a great option for unde $400 bucks that gives the motion in the rear skid. I must say for myself the fox Evo 3 shocks all around for no extra charge sure is nice touch on the new cat. The motor is solid and 160 hp stock with many options to get safe 180 hp can be accomplished easily. Just my 2 cents,

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
dealing with same dilemma right now. could be a dealer thing, but the cats i've seen have one year warranty and the doos 3-4 depending on x package or not. doo dealer said for $500 could make it a 5 yr warranty, and the cat dealer said 2 or 3 yr was $2700 extra but he'd give it to me for $1800. hard to beat the doo warranty imo.

Thats news to me about the warranty? It's states 2 year or 4.99% they really don't need anymore then that, motor is rock solid. I just checked online to be sure. I'm not trying to say you are wrong but the information you received could be a little twisted. Most programs are always or , or that's the part everyone gets confused on. To much chit for everyone to remember .

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats news to me about the warranty? It's states 2 year or 4.99% they really don't need anymore then that, motor is rock solid. I just checked online to be sure. I'm not trying to say you are wrong but the information you received could be a little twisted. Most programs are always or , or that's the part everyone gets confused on. To much chit for everyone to remember .

Never had a cat, and was/am really considering the 16 limited. be nice to have that suspension out of the box and have heard good things about the motor. but i did get the same line from the dealer, saying that doo has the warranty cause they need it. ridiculous sales pitch imo. that's like a dealer selling a brand new truck saying our trucks are so good we don't need warranty. i would think if a brand is that confident in their product, it basically shouldn't cost them anything but goes a long way in the customers eyes. i think doo is the reason most brands are not 1 yr warranty any more. could be wrong,(probably am) but i think the xm was the first sled to come with more than a 1 yr warranty.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Pro guy, and haven't ridden the new Cats, so take this for what it's worth. Go with what you feel most comfortable on. All of them have some sort of quirk. Personally for me, I can't stand the steering post angle on the Doos, don't like riding them.

Top Bottom