Help 2014 xm 800 only running on one cylinder

blindman

Reaction score
Been starting and warming up sled throughout summer . Yesterday went to move sled and all was then it cut out missing like a fouled plug then just running on mag cylinder. Replaced plug started up fine then cut out again and only running on pto. pulled plug and very dark.
Any ideas.
thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did u store with the storage function??

sent while drinking tea's

blindman

Reaction score
No. When sledding is done I wash clean and lube sled. It is stored in my insulated garage. During the summer I start it up every few weeks , it is on a stand so when warm I rev it up some. The fuel is good as I syphon some out here and there for lawnmower and when low refill with fresh non eth premium usually around August. Never had a problem with my sleds doing this.
Thanks Tex for responding.I Always check out your sic posts as we ride there very often , our favorite place!!!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Something simply to try, is make sure that your plug cap is screwed tightly on the plug wire

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it is running really rich, might have a sensor gone. Probably going to need to hook it up too BUDDS to see whats going on.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some had coil issues, have you ever run your sled with gauges out and unplugged

I was told it's a no no, cause the coils ground though cluster ( something to that effect)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine has been flawless for 8000 km, only had one self influenced issue with running

Guess ecm jams up if your wide open and hit reverse button ( don't ask lol, hit stump and chest was wide open on the flipper at the same time as rer button)

blindman

Reaction score
thanks everyone. took sled to dealer as still has warranty . ends at end of this month . seems like a coil issue to me, but who knows. sometimes I miss the days of the carb sleds.. easy to work on by yourself. But am liking the new stuff much better. will post up what the problem is when I find out .

blindman

Reaction score
thanks markoo that could be the case..however I run it pretty good on the stand when its warmed up. I sure hope that is all it is.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are not pumping a lot of oil at idle so its unlikely it would fill the case just from running it through out the summer. Even just running it on the stand for prolonged periods of wot it is not going to over oil.

Once its on the BUDS it will be easy for the tech to see the voltage, spark, fuel and everything else associated with the management system.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run mine a few times this summer, up to temp ect

No issues

If the storage function is used I could see it

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a coil, one of the guys I ride with his sled was running good and shut off and then went to start only ran on one cylinder, took a coil off a spare sled and finished riding the weekend.

blindman

Reaction score
Picked sled up yesterday from dealer. Of course it ran ok for them lol. They warrantied new plugs witch was nice and no labor charge. Said maybe air in fuel line, bad fuel etc. Hope that could be all it is and not some sporadic thing.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate when they run fine at the dealer...Hopefully it was just fuel or a plug though. Hate to see it come back as soon as the warranty is gone

Top Bottom