helmet light dealers

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if anyone in edmonton handles either the franken sled or the lead dog? i like the idea of the sled powered lead dog ( no batteries to die), but i have read a lot of good about the frankensled. can anyone who owns the frankensled tell me how good the visability is when it is on the low setting? is it still bright enough to ride? i have no headlight on my sled so i need something that will last for a whole night of riding should i get lost. thanks

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nextech lights are the brightest made. Pricey but top quality. Mine bounced around for 4 years now and still works for 4 hours straight on high. Also you can get a plug in too. Made in edmonton.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a guy here locally (Edmonton) red rock kustoms who sells the Franken sled lights and a pile of other goodies. He is on the west end. 780 991 2955.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He sold me all of the mountain addiction for my Pro's and a couple Franken sled flare kits. Great guy to deal with, and top quality gear.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to a dealer l that sells both the franken light and the lead dog he said the light out out is very comparable
he actually runs both if he is night riding the lead dog is good butt machine needs to be running if you are stuck or need to help someone get unstuck or fix a sled if you have the franken light you always have light wether the machine is running or not the batteries last 2-3 hours on Max output and extra batteries are about 25 bucks

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love my Frankensled. I have used it for hours in a cabin then the hour or so ride out and never ran out of battery. It never got dimmer as the hours went on. I love that it uses the existing Go Pro mount so no extra mounts needed. I love that it is light weight small and durable. I love how bright it is on low beam and high beam. I love the hard case it comes in and all the different charging adapters. It makes night riding 1000x more awesome!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love my franken light,just got the spare battery with it & you can run it on high or med for most of the night,low is still bright enough to ride but i prefer med.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of trying on of the led flashlights that you can buy on Amazon for 20 bucks or less
look like they use the same type of batteries as the Franken lights (some even look very similar ) and have more lumens also
and using the handle bar mount that came with my helemt cam to make it go pro compatible

Tbird

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying on of the led flashlights that you can buy on Amazon for 20 bucks or less
look like they use the same type of batteries as the Franken lights (some even look very similar ) and have more lumens also
and using the handle bar mount that came with my helemt cam to make it go pro compatible

I ended up doing this last season after doing alot of research.
I didn't buy the cheapest flashlight, the lumens of alot is pure fiction, there's alot of reviews of tactical flashlights on YT.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

Top Bottom