helmet for ppl with glasses

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone wear glasses under helmet? Any problems with fogging. I used to have a ski-doo modular helmet, was almost a perfect solution. But helmet was too heavy and too expensive. Unfortunately sold my helmet together with sled. Right now I need a new helmet. I have heard there are special google made for people with glasses, how good are they?

B-Mac

Reaction score
Check these out, I'm thinking of getting one.

There is a heated shield available for them, and if you dont like that, you can remove the shield and just run goggles. Saw them priced in SnowWest magazine for around $150.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could go with a Modular style if you choose, if you do prefer the Motocross style you can get OTG (over the glasses) Goggles. Peeps I know have been super happy with the smith models, but that being said.. Try everything on when you're looking... everyone has different cheek bones and head shapes.. So find a Helmet you like.. try on some OTGs with your glasses on to make sure they will work for you.

BigRed1

Reaction score
The goggle are called ProVue. I used to wear them, best thing you could do if you wear glasses. the other nice thing about them is the different color lenses snap on with ease. I think you get four colors with the goggle order.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Momma's picture is what i would buy.

I absolutely Love the smith goggles. Lifetime warranty, incredible foam construction, super durable but not super spendy. Win win win win!!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i found glasses under goggles fog ridiculously. i know not everyone cant wear them but i got one a day contacts.......they are ok, they are super thin and are suppose to be the moistest but they still dry snowmobiling. basically can only wear them sledding and take them out back at the hotel. wearing them from morning to night would be not possible unless drops make them like you just put them in....

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
the only goggles I could get to work for me are the Habervision Fan goggles, coupled with a properly fitted breathe deflector in the helmet, otherwise I put goggles on and its instant fog, might as well go without my glasses at that point and ride by brail.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i found glasses under goggles fog ridiculously. i know not everyone cant wear them but i got one a day contacts.......they are ok, they are super thin and are suppose to be the moistest but they still dry snowmobiling. basically can only wear them sledding and take them out back at the hotel. wearing them from morning to night would be not possible unless drops make them like you just put them in....

I had used to wear contacts 15 years ago, then made a correcting surgery on both eyes, after surgery still have -1.0 on both eyes. Much better then before but not perfect.
Perhaps Bombardier modular will be best for me. I hate the weight of these helmets, dunno if Modular 2 lighter then Modular 1.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I had used to wear contacts 15 years ago, then made a correcting surgery on both eyes, after surgery still have -1.0 on both eyes. Much better then before but not perfect.
Perhaps Bombardier modular will be best for me. I hate the weight of these helmets, dunno if Modular 2 lighter then Modular 1.

the dealer should allow you to try one on, so that you can decide how it fits, feel the weight for yourself and see if that's going to be the right helmet for you.

Reaction score
Get your eyes lazered.

Trust me. Went through all the stages of denial myself. First screwed around with goggles, none of it works worth a sh*t. Then came contacts. They work ok, but eventually you get tired of the solution, your eyes hurting, losing them putting them in in the parking lot before unloading, forgetting to take them out ect

Save yourself 10yrs to get to the same conclusion. Spend $3-5k and be done with it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check these out, I'm thinking of getting one.

There is a heated shield available for them, and if you dont like that, you can remove the shield and just run goggles. Saw them priced in SnowWest magazine for around $150.
I have one of these and it doesn't work any better than any other for riding with glasses. I find my glasses fog, not the visor.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a set of scott goggles with the fan, so far they work real good, keep them out of the snow banks. a battery will last most of the winter with them on all the time. the moisture sensing auto on\off thing would fog up, solution keep them on all the time.

highly recommend

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get your eyes lazered.

Trust me. Went through all the stages of denial myself. First screwed around with goggles, none of it works worth a sh*t. Then came contacts. They work ok, but eventually you get tired of the solution, your eyes hurting, losing them putting them in in the parking lot before unloading, forgetting to take them out ect

Save yourself 10yrs to get to the same conclusion. Spend $3-5k and be done with it.
Guy at work had coke bottles. He got prk and he is not 100% his sight is slightly worse than mine now but at least not coke bottled and legally blind. Im -1.5, we both dont need glasses for driving but ive hit stuff in the snow that i did not see with out them. Contacts really sharpen everything but i think lasic should be a winner with be being my eyes are not that bad.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do the whole contact thing as well but its my fault as I only put them in when I sled. So lack of practice causes a lot of frustration. I was looking at a magazine called American Snowmobiler 2014 Buyers Guide and in it is a mouth piece that resembles a snorkel . Looks very interesting. It is called the Fog thief. Wonder what you guys think??? It could double as a mouth guard to save your teeth. Most of the time I just remove my helmut quickly when we park so goggles don't fog up.$35.95 www.fun-projex.com

Last edited:

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one of these and it doesn't work any better than any other for riding with glasses. I find my glasses fog, not the visor.

I as well have had non stop issues with fogging. Have tried everything, all kinds of goggles, a few helmts motocross style and skiing style with a no fog mask. The goggles are not the problem its my glasses underneath. My glasses are so thick the prescription provue goggles didn't even work for me. Its the fact of the matter my body just does not regulate heat and cold well and the fact my vision is so messed up no doctor I have asked recommends laser nor am I brave enough to try. I am a total wussy when it comes to my eyes, contacts would be an impossible feet for me. This year I am convinced I am going to at least try a modular helmet. The idea is that as soon as I stop I can flip it open right away and I can flip it closed just after I get going again. I mean I could stop and help a buddy get unstuck take everything off. Start to put stuff back on and wait until the last second to put my goggles on but it is too late my glasses are already fogged do to the mouth piece in front.

Modular is heavy and I know not as safe as the others but I need to see. I am worried about just how much airflow will get into the helmet though when it is closed basically worried how my glasses will be when riding and breathing. I really do not want to use a breath box as it just heats everything up. Worth a try I guess.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both a modular 1 and 2. They both weigh about the same. Heavy! I always ride with the shield slightly cracked open and always exhale downwards to expel the air out the bottom of the helmet.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you find modular2 better then modular1?
I have had a modular 1 a while ago, now thinking about modular2. I also always been riding with windshield slightly open (gap about 1/2 of cm), it did help to ventilate air inside, preventing my glasses from fogging.
When temperature was below -20 I always kept shield closed, if temperature was below -30 I did wear thin balaclava underneath, otherwise I was getting frost bites.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the side vision is slightly better than with the Mod1.I also have to wear a belaclava when it is too cold. I dont like using the mouthpiece at all.

Top Bottom