Helmet cleaning / Deordorizing

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
So what do you folks reccomend for cleaning inside of helmet.
I use a helmet dryer and wear a liner but think I should clean inside of helmet.

I have have used a mild soap and water in the past and had not bad results.
Have seemed to wreck some this way also. Liner came apart.
Cheaper helmets.

Got a new carbon fiber and looking for input as it is costly and really do no want to damage it.

Thanks in advance!

Ridgeclough Ron

Reaction score
On my helmets I can take the liner right out. There are some velcro strips and some plastic snaps. I will pop them in the washer with the regular wash then let them hang dry. Snap them back in and ready for the next ride. No more helmet itch.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good question Kimrick, I was wondering where the helmet hair stank was coming from at the Grizzly sunday night!!! Wasn't there a spray you could buy at on time?

Last edited:

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a spray you can buy at hockey stores that deodorizes and kills bacteria. Can’t recall the name but the one I use is blue in the bottle.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a spray you can buy at hockey stores that deodorizes and kills bacteria. Can’t recall the name but the one I use is blue in the bottle.

Febreze. Also I throw in a bounce dryer sheet in my helmet bag when I put the helmet in there.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your liner comes out or if you have an ozone generator they work good. Amazon there is all sorts of sizes and costs, hunters use them a lot for scent elimination on clothes and odor removal in vehicles. I have had luck using one in a garbage bag or large box for odd shaped items. Ventilate well afterwards and do not breathe ozone.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

Thanks for all the help folks.
I went with the above reccomendation and works well.

Found at Canadian Tire but Sport Check also has the same stuff for the same price...

Top Bottom