Helmet and goggles

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the best place in the Edmonton area to pick up a new helmet and goggles?

Trashed my goggles in Goodfish Lake, on the weekend and need new ones. Also interested in checking out new helmets as well.

Last time I bought my helmet, it was thrown in as a deal when I bought my quad, so I've never really went looking for one.

Thanks

-Mike

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although I'm not IN Edmonton, I have peeps going back and forth all the time.... and I would have to say...
I can make you a SMOKIN deal.... K listen to this.. a wicked HJC helmet for under 80.00. (providing I have your size in the store right now) It's a motocross style helmet. AND Smith Goggles for 30.00. Excellent all the way around.

I'll get a pic up asap!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Momma's got you covered. Might be a good excuse to burn down the Iron Horsew for a day to go visit her and pick up your helmit.

If I had any advice for you, I'd say stay away from the expensive chit. Don't get me wrong, a quality hemit is a must to protect your noodle, but IMO it is a waist of money to look at any of the expensive models. I generally toss my helmit after a year or so due to the number of times they get knocked by branches and filled with mud.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Momma's got you covered. Might be a good excuse to burn down the Iron Horsew for a day to go visit her and pick up your helmit.

If I had any advice for you, I'd say stay away from the expensive chit. Don't get me wrong, a quality hemit is a must to protect your noodle, but IMO it is a waist of money to look at any of the expensive models. I generally toss my helmit after a year or so due to the number of times they get knocked by branches and filled with mud.

Omgosh yaa!!!! come for our first Tuesday Night Ride on Tuesday!! I avoid super heavy helmets, as I hate a stiff neck and sore shoulders.. The HJC is a nice helmet. By no means the fanciest out there but lighter and priced awesome!

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty large noodle, Momma. ;) I'm anxious about buying a helmet without trying it on.

I've only used Quick Strap goggles, and to tell you the truth, hadn't considered anything but. What are you thoughts on Quick Strap vs conventional goggles?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Any goggles can be put on to your quick straps you have. I agree for quadding don't go expensive. Sledding I think different but with the abuse a helmet takes quadding I'd stick to a cheapo.

And you deff. Can't go wrong dealing with Momma. Pretty sure if one didn't fit ya they'd exchange no problem.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a question from newbie to quading...Momma feel free to chim in....The sun bothers my eyes, no problem in the winter I've got a wicked pair of Maui Jim glasses that are awsome in almost all light conditions. But the summer, i don't want them scratched from dirt, sand etc, so should I go with a clear goggle and tinted tear aways, or a tinted lense right from the start?

jamoanlee

Reaction score
Here's a question from newbie to quading...Momma feel free to chim in....The sun bothers my eyes, no problem in the winter I've got a wicked pair of Maui Jim glasses that are awsome in almost all light conditions. But the summer, i don't want them scratched from dirt, sand etc, so should I go with a clear goggle and tinted tear aways, or a tinted lense right from the start?
i have the same problem. I cant stand mud in my eyes though, so i wear a pair of 509 tinted ski doo goggles for quading. And a pair of Oakleys in the winter

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to wear safety glasses but no more. Got used to wearing googles for sledding and now hate wearing safety glasses for quadding. So much more protection with goggles and less dust in the eyes

Top Bottom