Hellwig Overload springs

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are two different types. Which type are you using?

do they work well with sled deck haulng two sleds.? I had them on a halfer years ago, worked good! never tried with deck though!:beer:

Last edited:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I still have the paper work for the ones I am using still in my truck. Will have a look and let u know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do they work well with sled deck haulng two sleds.? I had them on a halfer years ago, worked good! never tried with deck though!:beer:

Don't need them on a newer ford half ton with 2800lbs of payload ! :)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes! I forgot, me bad:aim_sorry: NOT! lol. I gots the steel one, 2014. :beer:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled deck on a half ton ........ This should get interesting !!!! Seems I saw a thread on this already. Lol
Anyways. I put a set onto my 06 F150 about 5 years ago. Mine are a 1500 lb load leveling kit as per picture if a 2000lb kit is available now I would go that route
My truck has the 6.5ft box and stock, my mountain sled in the box with a 2 place trailer sat the a$$ end big time. After installing this kit the truck sat relatively level and did not sway nearly as much. Rides rougher but wouldn't go with out them now. Do they rattle on gravel ? no. These are a 2 piece set up that bolts on top of the stock springs. You can actually adjust the spring rate by tightening the U bolts and bringing the helper spring into action sooner. I would recommend tightening them up as I had them looser and hit a large bump the spring flattened out and the u bolt popped off the helper spring on one side. Of course the u bolt was rusted and I could not back it off enough to get over the spring again so I had to cut it off. One thing I can also say is Helwig Is AWSOME to deal with. The U bolt has an off set bend and could not source locally. I e-mailed them and without question they mailed me a complete hardware kit with 4 new U bolts no charge. Does the truck handle 2 sleds on a deck ? Legally no. Physically it can do it. When I first put them in I made 4 trips to the mountains worked great but the simple answer is I wouldn't do it today. The brakes just aren't big enough to handle the weight. I warped all 4 rotors 2 seasons in a row. Now I throw one sled up on my aluminum deck and pull a trailer with brakes. This set up works the best. And it rides level. I hope this long rambling post was of some help.
Cheers !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom