Hello all outdoor enthusiasts

RCMP DAD

Reaction score
I am finally getting back into the snowmobiling sport. I haven't ridden since 2003. I have a 2014 indy 550 ( I know I know ) lol. Just something to get the feel back and then get a larger machine. Looking for people to meet and places to ride relatively close to the Calgary area. Hope someone can direct me to places to ride and possibly provide some company. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am finally getting back into the snowmobiling sport. I haven't ridden since 2003. I have a 2014 indy 550 ( I know I know ) lol. Just something to get the feel back and then get a larger machine. Looking for people to meet and places to ride relatively close to the Calgary area. Hope someone can direct me to places to ride and possibly provide some company. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Cateract (If it ever gets more snow) is a great place to get reintroduced to sledding. Ill add you to my friends list and give you a shout when we head back out.

RCMP DAD

Reaction score
Thanks Brent. Will my little puddle hopper handle the snow conditions in the area and how far from the Calgary area to Cataract am I?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brent. Will my little puddle hopper handle the snow conditions in the area and how far from the Calgary area to Cataract am I?

Its a mellow area, No Avy gear required. You drive down Hwy 40 west of Longview until the winter road closure gate then head south from there. Not enough snow right now so waiting patiently. My Daughter rides a 2004 155" 600 and handles the area no problem, It's mostly trails with some meadow areas. It's about a 2 hour drive for me from Airdrie.

RCMP DAD

Reaction score
Once again my thanks. I feel like a heel compared to what you daughter is riding. Lol. If ever there is enough snow conditions in that area and you are anticipating a ride, drop me a line. I wouldn't mind checking it out. Thanks Brent

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once again my thanks. I feel like a heel compared to what you daughter is riding. Lol. If ever there is enough snow conditions in that area and you are anticipating a ride, drop me a line. I wouldn't mind checking it out. Thanks Brent

I'm thinking your 2014 would do circles around her 04.
Will do! Were always looking for people to ride with.

Top Bottom