Helix swap?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nine small torx head screws on the back side of the clutch hold the helix in. Heat 'em up with a torch first 'cuz they'll for sure have locktyte on 'em. The springs gonna push the inside sheave apart when you get them out too, so be ready for it.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get new screws too. They have new hex head ones to replace the garbage torx head screws that are in it now. Use thet threaded rod like already mentioned to keep it all together when you undo the screws on the helix. Back off the nuts on the rod and pull it all apart. Make sure you mark the sheaves before you pull it apart too so you can align it correctly when you put it back together as they're balanced. Some blue loctite on the helix screws and you're good to go

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get new screws too. They have new hex head ones to replace the garbage torx head screws that are in it now. Use thet threaded rod like already mentioned to keep it all together when you undo the screws on the helix. Back off the nuts on the rod and pull it all apart. Make sure you mark the sheaves before you pull it apart too so you can align it correctly when you put it back together as they're balanced. Some blue loctite on the helix screws and you're good to go
Thanks guys think I'm gonna run my turbo tomorrow and wait to do the swap but the help is appreciated, pinko 7802966902 names Tyler doing a group ride family friendly saddle hills tomorrow if ur interested leave around 10-11

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys think I'm gonna run my turbo tomorrow and wait to do the swap but the help is appreciated, pinko 7802966902 names Tyler doing a group ride family friendly saddle hills tomorrow if ur interested leave around 10-11

Thanks for the invite Tyler. I'd come but I don't get off work til thursday.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure replace those crappy torx bolts I learned that the hard way! New secondary and diamond drive later I was good to go.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your pretty much S.O.L for doing aftermarket i tried every bolt supplier in Calgary But I have seen a thread on another forum saying that you can countersink it .030" or something like that so you can run the bolts you can get at the bolt supply store. I would suggest getting it done on a mill if you go that route just to make sure it doesnt take it out of balance. But for all the messing around I would just get the bolts from cat.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your pretty much S.O.L for doing aftermarket i tried every bolt supplier in Calgary But I have seen a thread on another forum saying that you can countersink it .030" or something like that so you can run the bolts you can get at the bolt supply store. I would suggest getting it done on a mill if you go that route just to make sure it doesnt take it out of balance. But for all the messing around I would just get the bolts from cat.

I got bolts from "we R nuts" in Nisku, they have an allen key head on them. They clear and don't rub and are grade 8. But that is on a m7 the DD on a m8 might be different.

Top Bottom