Heated seats anyone

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a heated seat on there sled, I bought new Snowmobile coat and matching pants for sledding, not cheap chit either, and still get cold butt?
theres heated seat pads on ebay to go under the top of the seat?

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal distributing has some covers you can slip over your seat that are heated.

I think sleds should have had heated seats at least 10 years ago. More women would be riding if they did and more less active male riders would be a lot more comfortable.

Question though: Are your pants Gortex? If they are not, return them and get gortex. If you get wet you will be cold no matter what. You get wet because you melt the snow on the seat then soak up the water. Gortex is the only thing that doesn't do this.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a hand warmer packet in each of your back pockets, snow won't melt and get you wet. Foot warmers have sticky backs if you want to get closer to your butt. Beweware as glue and hairy butts will have a little conflict at the end of the day. No I've never tried this........just sayin.:eek::d

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cdn Tire sells a 12v heated pad for sled seats. Easier to return if you don't like it.
$49.99

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal distributing has some covers you can slip over your seat that are heated.

I think sleds should have had heated seats at least 10 years ago. More women would be riding if they did and more less active male riders would be a lot more comfortable.

Question though: Are your pants Gortex? If they are not, return them and get gortex. If you get wet you will be cold no matter what. You get wet because you melt the snow on the seat then soak up the water. Gortex is the only thing that doesn't do this.

gortex, eVent, symptex are all equally great materials, the only materials you should have on while sledding

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a heated seat on my atv for outfitting in the morning it was realy nice but once the snow off the branches started to fall on the seat all it did was make you have a wet azz not much fun after that.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 97 summit always has a warm seat. -30 and the steams just teaming with steam.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my butt isnt wet, just cold, I lost weight last few yrs,lost it off my A-s ?
I was trying to buy a 4 stroke Yammie, but was recommended NOT to by all my sledding friends and sons.would be too cold and hard to steer.so stuck to POLARIS..

Top Bottom