heated grips removal

dano

Reaction score
i bent my handel bars on my 2009 ski doo is there a trick to take off the heated grips

Jenkie

Reaction score
Heat Gun - don't get too close - warm up slow and they will slide right off - get the proper glue before you put em back on. I got it from the dealer, cannot remember what is was though.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a little shot of Brake Clean under the grip and start working it back and forth, will loosen right up. The stuff will completely evaporate with no residue once the grip is off.

I've heard hair spray works good for reassembly.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To remove the rubber grip use shop air and and a nozzle and put it in the hole in the grip end. you will need to block the other end of the bar. I have always used a heat gun to remove the heating element but I will try the brake kleen next time

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For mine I used a blow dryer, and heated the full grip, then I shoved a air nozzel in there and she came right off.

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a shot of wd40 under grip and it slid right off. I then used brake clean to wash off the wd40 (let dry) I reinstalled the grips using dish soap. after a day the soap drys and grips wont move. I also filled the end of my handlebars with expanding foam it help the heated grips work better holds heat longer.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a shot of wd40 under grip and it slid right off. I then used brake clean to wash off the wd40 (let dry) I reinstalled the grips using dish soap. after a day the soap drys and grips wont move. I also filled the end of my handlebars with expanding foam it help the heated grips work better holds heat longer.

The foam sounds like a good idea, I'll have to give it a try.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the airgun for grip removal and a little heat for the cork removal. My heating element was just held on with electric tape, the cork was the biotch to get off. So,a little patience with the cork and it should just cost you the $45 bucks for handlebars.

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha. funny. i was just about to ask the same question. i'm currently switching over to a carbon fiber "fatbar" and got down to the heated elements on the stock xp bar. was just going to go buy new ones but i think i'll go out and try the heat gun right meow.

Top Bottom