Heat for a trailer?

Dragin

Reaction score
We have an enclosed wells cargo trailer and it's worked great for years. When we got it I didn't see a need for heat so we didn't get it. Now we'd like to have heat. So here's my question.

Do the trailers equipped with heat have more insulation?

Does anyone have any good ideas or places to get a heating system without breaking the bank?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just use a propane bottle with a heater thing on top (lack of better word) it works great to take the chill off.

Sent from my white iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

HILCLMR

Reaction score
Most trailers with a furnace are insulated. You can run one without insulation but it will go thru propane like mad. You could insulate it yourself with Styrofoam board on the walls and pink in the roof. Not to hard to do just time consuming, then put a furnace in it with a thermostat and you'll be set. Did that to 2 of my previous trailers just so we don't have to haul our gear up to the hotel room, just leave the furnace on all night and we come out to warm dry gear and sleds!

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My husband bought a heater from Co-Op that is ran off a bar b q propane bottle for his work trailer............says it works great. Put it on low and in 10 mins trailer is almost too warm to sit in for lunch. And wasn't very expensive

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=2]Re: Trailer propane heaters[/h]
I installed a 34000 btu suburban rv style furnance. Works great and safe. Got it out of the usa for around $600 brand new. The bracket was made by a guy in red deer alberta but grassland trailer sales it were i got mine. I also did a ac/dc Panel so I can run the heater off of my truck or plug it into my house at home. if anyone has any questions i'll do my best to help!​
paperclip.png
Attached Images
49011d1268198706-trailer-propane-heaters-heater.jpg
49015d1268198831-trailer-propane-heaters-panel.jpg
49016d1268198831-trailer-propane-heaters-propane-tank.jpg
49017d1268198853-trailer-propane-heaters-trailer-plug.jpg

mower

Reaction score
antlermeadows rv westlock talk to mike did a awsoome job saved a thousand dollars compared to allan dale

Top Bottom