Heat excanger

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would it cost to change the heat exchanger out for an hcr style, from mounted exchanger?

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
All Proclimbs have the front mounted exchanger, the HCR just does not have the rear.

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hcr exchanger is larger though since there's only one isn't it? I want to get rid of the rear exchanger like the 13's. Just not sure how to go about it.

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it's worth goin through the aggravation to change it. I never bought the hcr because of only having the front exchanger but now it might be a good
idea.50 lbs of ice on the back end is quite a bit of weight.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it's worth goin through the aggravation to change it. I never bought the hcr because of only having the front exchanger but now it might be a good
idea.50 lbs of ice on the back end is quite a bit of weight.

Its in my list of mods for mine but not an immediate one. The nice thing is you lose 5-8 lbs by removing the rear section, so I have read anyways, plus the unwanted buildup of snow under the tunnel. My plan is to powder coat my whole tunnel to avoid snow clamming up under it, and remove the exchanger completely. I've read that you have to be very careful and run good ice scratchers when riding the trail... Makes sense to a point but I am sure hcr's make their way around so I'm not gonna worry about it.

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine that i rode with last winter had a hcr and it was deadly, as far as snow buildup.i'll put it on the list i guess. thanks

Top Bottom