Heard on CHED radio something about backcountry safety..

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last thursday I was on my way to work and heard a thing from Bob Layton about backcountry safety, and that you should have first aid and such.. It also mentioned that you should have avalanche equipment with you when you venture out back...

I decided to write Bob and mentioned that they missed the most important factor... Avalanche awareness.

I got a letter back from an editor from Ched and they were interested in doing a show and asked if I had some affiliation with Avalanche Canada and would like to do an interview on the subject and asked if I could be a guest on their show...

Well I replied that I was just an enthusiast, but I could see if someone would like to partake in that.

Here is the audio clip. I think Lori did a fantastic job with the interview. I couldn't have done it...

Hope the link works. It's a step forward to bringing the public to being aware that us sledders are responsible and that we are doing everything we can to not be 'statistics' anymore

Check it out.

https://soundcloud.com/630ched/november-21-hr1

Zacs Avy Crew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Thank you everyone, more and more you are finding that taking an AST1 is cool, no matter what AST1 provider you go to.

There are still people out there that do not have this basic level of training. Hopefully in a few years that will change and everyone will have experienced the AST1 and are starting to refresh their theory and field sessions.

The more people that are trained the safer we are if something goes wrong! :eek:

Top Bottom