Headlight delete

Reaction score
IMG_20131023_174456_341.jpg

This is one I made up last year and you will like have a vent up there. A lot of heat comes out of there and its a nice spot to put a helmet at gloves when you stop. Keep them nice and warm:)

Reaction score
That hood, front airbox and top panel are all off a 600 race sled. It takes 3 panels and makes them into one big side panel. After messing with stock ones for 2 years and setting up an 800 turbo with them last year I decided to put them on my 1100 which isnt the easiest and probably why there wont be many of them like it. But removing side panels and essentially removing the hood is a breeze now

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Did you just get a hood for a 600 race sled and start modifying it to fit? I think that's my new project. Anything I should be looking out for with installing it on the 1100?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dont be affraid to cut into it:) Its alot of work to fit it on there, and yes all stock 600 plastics. Cutting the airbox to about nothing to fit the intercooler. Figure out how to mount the intercooler. I have mine setup so it will slide into the front slots and bolt down in the back. Making an opening vent or scoop on the top to get air to the cooler. Redesign the way the airbox mounts to the top panel for most open area for air to get to cooler. Fitting panel behind steering post. And then just to fit the side panels, the first sled I did was an 800 which was alot easier but we used the 2012 race plastics. Then went to 13's on a few and for some reason they are different. But alot of trimming on the bottom edge and it will sit in there nice. If anyone ever tries it you will see what I mean. 800 its easy 1100 is alot of work but it sure looks cool, and thats all that matters:)

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Wow looks good! Do you have any more pics? I'm sure there is more wanting see they just arnt speaking up

Reaction score
That's about all I have taken so far once I get alittle more done I will get more pics. Everything still needs to be powder coated and side panels need to be painted black. But if your up to doing the 600 body I will try to get all the pictures you will need to do it

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
Hey Reaper,
I'm thinking about doing the snopro race plastic on my 2012 TSS turbo M8. Since you've used both, what's better to use the 12 or 13 race plastic? What does a guy have to change on the sled for the plastics to mount? I've seen a few on the web now, but could never find a write up about hot to do the conversion. I really like the idea of the sled being opened right up with just two panels.
Cheers
Dustin
Love the look of the intake on the M8 you posted!

Reaction score
Best thing to do is pull up a 600 sno pro parts diagram and look at the side panels and other body panels. What you will need is side panels, air box, headlight plenum panel and also the panel that goes just behind the handlebars and around the filler neck. As far as 12-13 panels. 12's seemed to fit better but 13's are better quality and thicker but to make them fit onto mine and a 12 800 they need to be trimmed on the bottom. And I think cat switched to using actual dzus fasteners to mount panels on so get those too since they actually work

rockymtnboy

Reaction score
where did ya get the fan? very interested in this idea.......do ya think all the moist air being blown out of the engine comp could damage the gauge? thx

Top Bottom