Headlight delete

Captain Undies

Reaction score
I was at the snow show and wasn't to impressed with the lack of headlight deletes that are out there and the ones that guys are making(fit and finish etc). So I came back and started tearing into the hood on the sled to see what I can come up with. I took a few pics of the the first run at the headlight delete and will have the prototype done soon. Keep in mind this is not the finished product and will add pics as the progress continues. Keep in mind also the shop is a mess and so is the sled,.. It will be cleaned up by next set of pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 566
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 573
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 566

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to go off topic, but whats the reason you wrap your can with the header tape or whatever that is ?

Captain Undies

Reaction score
To keep all the heat in the pipe and not under the hood. I built my own header, divorce pipe, down pipe and can for the machine then wrapped it up from front to back. It's not as easy as the blankets from evolution but serves the same purpose(I like to be different)

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To keep all the heat in the pipe and not under the hood. I built my own header, divorce pipe, down pipe and can for the machine then wrapped it up from front to back. It's not as easy as the blankets from evolution but serves the same purpose(I like to be different)

Cool, thanks.

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Hey guys. I did a little more work on it and it's coming along. I took a few more pics. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 493
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 500
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 492
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 492

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the reaper motorsports headlight delete and cold air intake? 250 bucks and it looks awesome and the fit and finish is good too. Search it on snowest and you can check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Just got the dash done and powder coated tonight. I just need to pick up a few filters and reassemble

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 357
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 354

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Finished up the dash completely. Only thing remaining is to get a couple of air filters and she's good to go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 301

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Only thing I would do differently is under the cluster I would use a screen instead. Let more heat out since the air box is removed from under the hood.

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Only cutting needed is to cut the two back tabs for the rear mounts for the headlight. I'm going to be making another one that is a lot more cleaner fitting and if there is any interest for some kits out there I will make up a bunch of them. I also just made one with a 5.2 inch(330cfm)exhaust fan that hides behind the cluster and pulls hot air out real good. I'm hoping to get some time on it soon to really test it out

Top Bottom