Heading To Mcbride

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Two Of Us Are Heading To Mcbride Tonight. Dose Anyone Know How The Roads Are, I Know They Are S##t Around Edmonton. Also Woundering If Mcbride Got Any Of The Snow That Hit Edmonton.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post a report when you get in if you dont mind. Our group will be heading out Sat morning. Thanks

Mikey

Reaction score
Just cam off the mountain in McBride for the second day and the highways here are bare and dry. The sledding is also great. There's not deep powder but you can go just about anywhere you want and you still can get stuck if you try. Gonna need surgery when I get home to take the smile off my face before the wife finds out how much fun we had.......... drive safe guy's!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Looks like the weather forcast is for snow this wknd aswell. Heading out tomorrow morning, ride Sun,Mon,Tue. C Ya out there!!!:D

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Powderchowder today and it was snowing really hard in mcbride today. Hero snow conditions but they were still able to find some untouched about a foot deep. Not revy snow but still good.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mcbride

THE SUN WAS GREAT BOTH DAYS, WE PUT ON 150KM ON FRIDAY. WENT 20 KM OR SO BACK PAST SPIRIT LAKE. EXPLORED SOME COOL NEW AREAS IN THE SHAW, WE DROPED INTO SOME NASTY BOWLS WITH NO TRACKS IN THEM AS THE SNOW WAS SO SET UP IT WAS NO PROBLEM CLIMBING BACK OUT. NEED MORE SNOW THERE HIWAYS FROM SLEDS GOING WAY BACK INTO THE SHAW, THERE IS NO NEED FOR BIG HORSE POWER IN CONDITIONS LIKE THESE. IT WAS SNOWING HARD WHEN WE WENT TO LEAVE ON SUNDAY MORN, COULD BE GOOD POW NEXT WEEKEND:Snowmobile1: :Snowmobile1: :Snowmobile1:

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Hopefully they get more snow before spring. The early season has been great, it would be nice to see it last!

THE SUN WAS GREAT BOTH DAYS, WE PUT ON 150KM ON FRIDAY. WENT 20 KM OR SO BACK PAST SPIRIT LAKE. EXPLORED SOME COOL NEW AREAS IN THE SHAW, WE DROPED INTO SOME NASTY BOWLS WITH NO TRACKS IN THEM AS THE SNOW WAS SO SET UP IT WAS NO PROBLEM CLIMBING BACK OUT. NEED MORE SNOW THERE HIWAYS FROM SLEDS GOING WAY BACK INTO THE SHAW, THERE IS NO NEED FOR BIG HORSE POWER IN CONDITIONS LIKE THESE. IT WAS SNOWING HARD WHEN WE WENT TO LEAVE ON SUNDAY MORN, COULD BE GOOD POW NEXT WEEKEND:Snowmobile1: :Snowmobile1: :Snowmobile1:

Last edited:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chowder did you ever leave a day early. We rode Lucille on Sunday as are warm up day and had no problems. All hard pack and easy going even dropping into and out of Butterfly. It did snow all day Sun.
We hit Rensahw on Mon and the ticket guy had said there was over 100 sled in on Sunday and all hard pack. We got to the Cabin and there was over 1 1/2' - 2' of snow and not a track to be seen. Ended up heavy wet snow all day with small breaks in the cloud that you could barely see the trees from the cabin. It was very warm at 0 +1 at the cabin. Sled was puking gas out the pipe and boggy on most pulls. Didnt think the 4 stroke would be that bad.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SNOW THAT DEEP BEFORE!!!!:) :)

There was less than 20 riders on Mon. And I think I used my new Snobungee on most of them!!! That is one sweet tool. Also got to use my tow rope onthe way home, one of our guys motor went down at 7km mark. Pulled him back to the truck and we went to check on Rentals. Thanks Denise at RIDE N HIDE. She hooked us up with a rental for the next day. Woke up to more snow and couldnt even see out the hotel windows across the Hyway. It was so socked in we just packed up and headed home. I KNOW there had to be even more fresh on Renshaw but not worth $400 for a 1 day rental to ride around the cabin again.
Best day of snow ever.... just couldnt see a thing.

Rocketman

Reaction score
Hi Culvert.
We were the Edmonton group of three on the same radio channel on Monday. That was one of the best riding days we ever had - yes 2 feet new is not off the mark. My brother and I both ran out of gas within 5 minutes of one another, and that was at 3:00. Had to send our third guy back to the cabin for jerry can.

Great day with your group and the fellows from Ft. Mc. Whoever rides the next sunny day in the Renshaw will be in for a treat.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up on the weekend we were in untouched areas all weekend ran into three other guys on Saturday and they said the same, where we were the only tracks were from us. Cut day short as we ran out of gas. Sunday went up Bell main trail up was still groomed from Friday seen two others up there played in the trees as it was socked in great snow deep and untouched. Talked to the folks tonight and it snowed Monday and tuesday and had just started again tonight.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Rocketman..
I remember the 3 of you on summits. Which one where you? The tall one asking about my jacket? The shorter one with black hair? The last guy I dont remember talking to.
I was the one on the RX-1. Wish I could get to go more than once a year. Snow like that and one sunny day will be unreal. If there is still any snow in April I might get to go again, but now I'm heading south to work till the end of March.

If you or your friends are interested in the Klim gear drop me a PM I'll give you a name to get ahold of for great prices.

Rocketman

Reaction score
Culvert,
We were the three stooges on Summits. I'm the short guy with the bright orange coat. My brother and buddy were looking for the Klim gear and would be interested in any contacts you have.

I don't know what a PM is so can't do that yet :) . I think there will be good sledding thru to May. Might have to drive up the road a ways but there will still be snow up high.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM

To PM all you have to do is click on the name of the person you want to send a message to and follow the screen messaging. Barry

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You can also go into "Private Messages" and click on "Send A Private Message" then type in part of the persons name in the "TO" field. A list will pop up to choose from, click the righy one and a way you go. Just like an e-Mail

To PM all you have to do is click on the name of the person you want to send a message to and follow the screen messaging. Barry

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're sitting in the lobby of NCL thinking about the great snow we had today.Probably about 2feet of fresh powder with slight drifting.The weather was great,-2 and cleared off about 10am.The road on the way up was quite an nerve wrecking.The it was icy and wind blown.Wish you all were here.

BigDog67

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When hell freezes over...I'll ride there to:Snowmobile1:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey bigdog,where did you ride today? Renshaw?
catmando!:confused:

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Catmando,should have let you know.We rode Renshaw.The trail up was the roughest I've ever been on.But the groomer was in the parking lot when we left.It's snowing here right now.Not sure where we'll end up today.I'll post at the end of the day.

BigDog67

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
McBride

Bigdog67, good to hear there is snow again. Were heading to Sicamous next weekend and were hoping they would get some too.
Have a good ride.

Sorry Catmando,should have let you know.We rode Renshaw.The trail up was the roughest I've ever been on.But the groomer was in the parking lot when we left.It's snowing here right now.Not sure where we'll end up today.I'll post at the end of the day.

BigDog67

Top Bottom