Heading To Mcbride

chucker

Reaction score
McBride

Well I do not a have anything to report from McBride, did not make it. We hit black ice just west of Niton Junction and hit the ditch and rolled the entire unit. Nobody seriously hurt ( thank God for seat belts) The truck is a write-off, the trailer is minor and the sleds are at the shop for better inspection. Always an adventure.:(

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Chucker

I'm so glad to hear everyone is OK. Really sad news when I hear a story like this, but like you said, "Seatbelts".
Chucker, are you going to be out next week at average joes to teel the story..
Wow is all I can say.

Well I do not a have anything to report from McBride, did not make it. We hit black ice just west of Niton Junction and hit the ditch and rolled the entire unit. Nobody seriously hurt ( thank God for seat belts) The truck is a write-off, the trailer is minor and the sleds are at the shop for better inspection. Always an adventure.:(

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

:eek: That sux!!! At least everyone is OK. Hopefully you guys are back on the pow soon.:beerchug:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Black Ice!!!

Really Sucks:( ....... Sorry To Hear Chucker:( . How Many Sleds Were In The Trailer?? On The Upside, I Guess Thats One Less FORD Truck For Them @#$*@# Crooks To Steal:d .... Got Any Pics???

chucker

Reaction score
Black Ice

It was too cold and too dark to take pictures of the scene. I do have a few pictures back in Edmonton with the 1-ton on the deck of the deck truck. I will post later. 2 sleds were on the 2-place deck trailer. Thinking about this accident, I cannot stop wondering if Ford put proper rubber on these truck what would happen?:confused:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
It was too cold and too dark to take pictures of the scene. I do have a few pictures back in Edmonton with the 1-ton on the deck of the deck truck. I will post later. 2 sleds were on the 2-place deck trailer. Thinking about this accident, I cannot stop wondering if Ford put proper rubber on these truck what would happen?:confused:

HOPE INSURANCE COVERS IT, BUDDY!!!:(

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your luck Chucker,but at least your ok.Just got back from McBride and I'm still trying to get the blood back in my knuckles form holding on to the wheel.Seen a semi across the ditch and into the woods with only the doors of the trailer showing.I bet that was a ride that trucker won't soon forget.It sound like about the same area you lost it.But like I said aleast your ok.The material things can be relaced....right.
Rode Renshaw yesterday.About 2-3 feet of powder,but getting tracked out fast.Fun has had by all.Wish I would have bought the SnoBungee before I left.Would have put it to good use.

BigDog67 :alarm:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wreck

I was in Mcbride when I heard about your wreck, was looking for you to have a pop with, when Dave told me what happened. Glad to hear you both are ok. Sort of glad my ribs would not let me ride or I would have been with you fellows on this ride. On a good note I believe we found a piece of property that my wife likes so it is offer time. Again glad to here you 2 are ok, if you do not have a truck to pull sleds to Sic. in March I think I can handle that for you. Barry

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
bbtoys, when you say "property", are you talking local acreage or something in McBride?

I was in Mcbride when I heard about your wreck, was looking for you to have a pop with, when Dave told me what happened. Glad to hear you both are ok. Sort of glad my ribs would not let me ride or I would have been with you fellows on this ride. On a good note I believe we found a piece of property that my wife likes so it is offer time. Again glad to here you 2 are ok, if you do not have a truck to pull sleds to Sic. in March I think I can handle that for you. Barry

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking in the Mcbride and Valemount area for past 2 months. Barry

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mcbride---chucker

we were going to ride with chucker but accident screwed that up good to here they didnt get hurt we will have to get together later after everthing is repaired we did ride on friday on renshaw with a group from vegreville what a great bunch of guys rode 6 hrs in untouthed powder bowl after bowl m1s were low on gas getting back made the knew dragon work hard all day climbs high enough for this old fart riding bud from ontario never seen that much riding area in 1 place we ended up meeting the veg. guys on the way home in hinton one of there trucks blew a engine so we towed there 2 place back to endmunchuk funny how life works interesting weekend but had fun

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Good To See

Glad To See Everyone Helped Out The Boys In Distress:) . I Know That Was Probably A Long Way Out Of Your Way Arnold!!! Good To See Fellow Sledders Helping Out Fellow Sledders.......... I Guess We Need More Of That In All Our Lives. Like Someones Signature On The Site Says(i Think Its Kenvb): "what Goes Around, Comes Around".;)

flatlandguy

Reaction score
renshaw

We rode Renshaw Sat and Sun. Lots of sleds Sat , parking lot was full and some out on the road, lots of tracks close to cabin but still managed to find some untracked further back. Sunday was much better, not many sleds and bright sunshine, we had a great time. Can anybody recommend a good place to stay near or in Mcbride? We like B&B's.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
re. B&B

Next year you will be able to stay at my B&B in Mcbride but for this year you only have one to pick from, Scarecrow. Barry

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
bbtoys, I'm hoping you will be able to post a few photos of your new bed and breakfast for all of us too drool over, What a dream come true to work and live in a prime sledding area. How will your ever find time to work?
:D :D
Next year you will be able to stay at my B&B in Mcbride but for this year you only have one to pick from, Scarecrow. Barry

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All we need now is someone to take over the old PowerHouse Pub and we are good to go. New places to stay and a place to hit at the end of the day to meet with all the riders.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
McBride conditions

The ft.sask snow angels took a group of new mountain riders up there last weekend and snow conditions we great lots of snow but poor visibility. Some riders said that they didnt even make itto the saddle yet. So when the sun comes out lets get out there and ride. probally 2-3 ft of new snow. Bell was wild rode Sat and again on Mon couldnt tell we were there on Sat. Just need some sun or better visibility

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B&B

The house is bought and the name will be Mountain Haven Bed And Breakfast. More info to follow. This will be a small B&B to start with so I can do some fun things. Off to Mcbride this week, will let you know what the snow is like when I get back on Sat. Barry

Top Bottom