Heading to Mcbride the weekend

PROCLIMB

Reaction score
If anyone's interested in tagging along or let us tag along feel free to let us know, black ram with two sleds a white freeride 154 and a white Proclimb 153 hope to see some ppl out

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was next week your welcome, there should be lots in the parking lot mingle and tag up

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and I will be up this weekend, it's her first time up. Think we will ride Renshaw. Have a 03 Zx with clear hood and a beat up 99 summit with blue hood. Say hi if you see us. Looks like avy conditions are hi this weekend. Everyone play safe!!

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll have tons of fresh powder!We were there last weekend it was a whiteout on Friday and Saturday you couldn't see across the parking lot in town!Some people went up Renshaw and said all you could do was sit at the cabin!Our wives wanted no part of that!We left Sunday morning for home in a whiteout!!Be safe the avi's will be bad!!!

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have only been to Renshaw once, and my wife has never been in the hills. Other then that I have no experience in mcbride. Where would be the best place for us to go and play safe??

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it pretty easy to get around there? Do you have to climb to get into nice safe areas??

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it pretty easy to get around there? Do you have to climb to get into nice safe areas??

My wife isn't a rider, she has been on all three hills,

Bell is the easiest and nicest in my opinion, Big Bell looks big, but is an easy climb. This time of year you'll need a CB radio to drive up Bell road to stage, Truckers are coming down. Bell trail comes to a "Y" both join up again, the right leg is a bit shorter.

Lucille, short run up, lots of trees to play in around the cabin, great for a half day ride.

Renshaw, the trail can get rough, lots of rookie areas to play near the cabin, but if 200 sleds head up, the trail is hell coming down

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to some guys who were up Renshaw yesterday and snowed fairly hard all day plus it was raining for a while in town this morning. Weather shows moisture just about everyday up till Wed. Don't think you need a radio for Belle though RXN, they bucked that road super wide now!

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to some guys who were up Renshaw yesterday and snowed fairly hard all day plus it was raining for a while in town this morning. Weather shows moisture just about everyday up till Wed. Don't think you need a radio for Belle though RXN, they bucked that road super wide now!

Not 100% on that one, did read a post in snowmobile chat talking about needing one. Be good to find out.

wyzguyz

Reaction score
I took 3 newbies up last weekend in the whiteout at Renshaw. Conditions were poor at best on friday and even worse on saturday. We played below from KM 23 to 26 both days. The snow conditions below the cabin at 26 are better than you would expect. The clear cut has set up snow so don't be intimidated by the little trees or humps that are apparent in the cut. We played in the cut on friday and went up the KM23 trail on saturday playing in all untouched areas along the trail. Honestly the areas along the 23 trail that you would just pass because they look untouched are 3 feet of powder. We played all day in these areas and found the micro areas worth checking out. I was riding a 02 ZX 151 and had it taped for the most part getting stuck and loving it all day on saturday. We passed many headed down before 11am because of the poor vis but due to these untouched areas it made the smashing up and down the poor trail on saturday worth it. The trail was poor due to the large amount of snow throughout the day not the groomers fault. I would challenge anyone who was on Renshaw last saturday to find a better area then we found due to these areas being passed by. If you were there and seen a bunch of xp renegades and a red ZX stuck you probably just put us off as ametuers but in reality you were headed down due to poor vis and we burnt all our fuel pounding these waist deep areas. Thanks to Timbo for the clutch components in the 11th hours that made this possible.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Belle today, checked with Glenn at spindrift, he told me the trucks were not running today to went up. So glad we did, 18" of fresh powder and I would say close to 30" of snow that was not setup yet. My shovel and snobunje got a workout today. She was stuck over a dozen times. Lol but it was fun, thanks for the tips guys. Belle was a good choice today.

And thanks to the 2 groups that gave me a hand with the wife's sled when she was stuck.

Top Bottom