Heading to McBride on Monday

Doctor Mud

Reaction score
Hi all, we are heading to McBride on Monday to ride Renshaw ! I cant wait. How are the Snow conditions past the cabin ? I have been told the Avalanche risk is fairly high right now I have been looking on the avalance.ca website and it says moderate for monday from the tree line down? Can any locals that ride Renshaw let me know what its like please?

Thanks

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were out yesterday and had very good snow in the trees and meadows. saw one avy, couple days old on a slope that was north facing and a good 55% pluse slope and about 2-3 feet depth of runout, looked to be about a class 1. 8" to 12" of fresh on top of spring riding snow, in the trees much deeper. if you are a hill climber you should most likely not come, but if you want to sled in the meadows and trees you will have a good time.
Firefly and his group just got back from riding Belle and said there was really good snow off the back of Big Belle.
Hope this helps, i will be riding sometime this week and you can join me if you want. not sure what day as of yet. have to paint Belle and Lucille cabins this week.

Doctor Mud

Reaction score
Thanks alot !! I am not a hill climer but i do love to boondock !! So it sounds like it will be good!!

Mayfly

Reaction score
I was hoping to have someone to meet up with, planning on going to Blue River or McBride, Tuesday morning. Want to play in the trees, I think I got rid of the tree magnet, need testing to confirm.
Have a buddy or two coming later in week.
Have all the gear: probe, beacon, shovel, rhino 530, tools, snow bungie.
Have taken the AST1 course with Lori.
Have any room at the BB, for myself and a couple more
Lorne

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry but we are full everyday untill April 05, no break at all. between cabin repairs this week and a bit of paid work that has to get done looks like Friday will be the first chance to ride, but if it keeps snowing up top may try for sooner.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to have someone to meet up with, planning on going to Blue River or McBride, Tuesday morning. Want to play in the trees, I think I got rid of the tree magnet, need testing to confirm.
Have a buddy or two coming later in week.
Have all the gear: probe, beacon, shovel, rhino 530, tools, snow bungie.
Have taken the AST1 course with Lori.
Have any room at the BB, for myself and a couple more
Lorne

Myself and Sumitdude will be heading to McBride Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. There is only two of us and we wouldn't mind hooking up with you.
We are not hillclimbers and really enjoy playing in the trees at Belle.
Send me a PM if you want my cell number and we can make some tracks ! :d

Top Bottom