Have the boys figured out the Ktm intake ?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Toying with the idea of a snow bike for next season I'm hoping to get one more year out of my sled and with my wage I need to plan ahead. If I do go snow bike route I'm planning on a yeti 137 on a yzf 450fx---electric start is a must.

With that being said I'm looking at the older (fuelie) ktm 450's as a more price friendly option but I keep hearing about snow in the air box. I ride Revy exclusively and ride LOTS of trees so I'm mostly in the deep stuff non stop and don't wana have an air box clogging with snow ruining my day. Is this just as easy as a pre filter mod or does a guy have to hack up his airbox and have a seperate one for summer?

is there a for sure fix? Or are guys just band aiding the situation

Clay911

Reaction score
16 ktm can remove only the airbox surronding. All older models are best suited with a cut up airbox and a filter setup like the TSS model kits come with. I just have another rear airbox($70) for summer and a modded one for winter. its the only way to go if you do not want to deal with problems on the hill. ive rode with stock airbox(with dry filter and a outerwears cover on it) and it was nothing but a problem. Do it right do it once.

tylerbramall

Reaction score
Have 2 years on mine with a stock air box and have yet to have a problem with it . Ride revy 30 + days a year .been riding with 2011 -2016 ktms and no problems with them either ...

Top Bottom