Hauling gear etc under sled deck

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a long box with a limitless deck (plan to keep on all year), besides buying abed rail type apparatus how do you guys use/access the box of your bed?

I was contemplating large Tupperware containers, but I’d image they will still inevitably slide to the bulkhead on the truck making them hard to pull out

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a long box with a limitless deck (plan to keep on all year), besides buying abed rail type apparatus how do you guys use/access the box of your bed?

I was contemplating large Tupperware containers, but I’d image they will still inevitably slide to the bulkhead on the truck making them hard to pull out
I use the ol steel hook from the outdoor fireplace and just fish things out as needed - works like a hot damn - I'd rather do that than have some stupid wooden pullout rat pack thing my buddy has I think it's 100 shades but he thinks it's awesome so it's all personal preference I think

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6’ piece of 1” dowling and a garage storage hook screwed in the end for the win. Works perfect for gas cans, Rubbermaid’s and anything else.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1/2 inch OD aluminum pipe that’s 7 ft long and has a 1/2 inch wide x 1/4 inch thick x 4 inches long flat bar welded on the end as a hook.
Tack a couple 3/4 ID pieces of pipe up under deck to slide pole into for storage .
Been using this for years .
7a325adf32f5da64667d81bc71fc9083.jpg

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got fifth wheel rails in the box of my truck so nothing really slides forward past the rear one. If it does I just crawl under and grab it from the front.

Otherwise a length of 1/2" or even heavy wall 3/8" instrument tube with a hook works great.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got just one question u got a limitless deck and u want to use Tupperware bins . U buy a Ferrari and put hub caps on it.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an aluminum box with plastic sliders on the bottom that’s about 6’6” by almost wall to wall. You can get them on rails but you lose a few inches of space under your ramp. Pulls out easy without too much weight in it. Carry skis, boards, tire chains, shovels, tow ropes, chainsaw, tool boxes etc in there. It’s short enough to fit 4 Jerry cans between the box and the tailgate

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the large rubber made tubs. It stays pretty much up at the bulk head all season. If I need in it I'm crawling in.
My jerry cans and tool boxes I choke old ratchet straps around the handles. So i can just pull them out without crawling in.

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One buddy uses an old garden hoe...6 inch lift on a 1 ton
Another uses a piece of conduit with a hook...electrician
Another uses a pull out tray that mounts in the box...loses a bit of height, might be a "truckboxx"?

Last edited:

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a piece of rope and put it through the handle of the rubbermaid container and tie it off to the leg of the deck.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a full plywood on the truck box floor(Cut around wheel wells) before the deck goes on, then I have a wood box full width between the deck posts that is 6" high and slides on two old hyfax.
Do not have to reach in and whack head on deck reaching in.
Stopper block so the deck can not come all the way out and land on the ground.
Divider at the front of box for the oil.
Everything stays clean under the deck.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I use milk crates also. The important one stays bungied to a rear leg so it stays put and the rest plus jerry cans,tool box, etc.are easily retrievable with a golf club. Preferably a putter.
milk crate for tire chains, tow straps, tie downs, jumper cables and it's bungee strapped to the rear deck leg.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a piece of rebar about 6 feet long and hooks on each end and they are different lengths. It stows on outside of deck legs against side of box.
Works good

Top Bottom