Has anyone heard of this?

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently took my 600 mountain cat into the dealer for a running issue. It will bog and barley stay running above 1/2 throttle.(45-500 rpm.) They looked at it last year,adjusted and cleaned power valves said everything checked good. Got it back and did the same thing....:confused:

I went to take it back and they said no snow, bring it back when we have some. so I did.. They called me today and said it is done and good to go.. I asked what the problem was, and was told the track is to tight, so they loosend it and test rode it and said everything is good, and runs top notch !!Their teck spent two hours on it and re-checked everything and everything is good..

My question is would a tight track cause it to run like a pile ?? It does not make sence to me.. Or are they just trying to fluff me off :(

speed

Reaction score
sounds to me like they dont want to work on it but who knows that could have been the problem i have never heard of that before tho

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thats a new one to me ......I know a super tight track will rob you of power and track speed but i dont think it could cause your sled to bog down like that.

BLAINE.M

Reaction score
you would have to be alot more specific about the conditions that the sled is running rough. ie. are you coasting? accelerating? does temperature affect it? Does it hapen after the clutch should have back shifted? is the machine efi or carburator? could be fuel pump, or a fuel line letting loose drawing air and not keeping up to the supply need, or TPS if an EFi sled. The servo system that drives the power valves could be a posibility. good luck, the track seems like a unlikely posibility.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently took my 600 mountain cat into the dealer for a running issue. It will bog and barley stay running above 1/2 throttle.(45-500 rpm.) They looked at it last year,adjusted and cleaned power valves said everything checked good. Got it back and did the same thing....:confused:

I went to take it back and they said no snow, bring it back when we have some. so I did.. They called me today and said it is done and good to go.. I asked what the problem was, and was told the track is to tight, so they loosend it and test rode it and said everything is good, and runs top notch !!Their teck spent two hours on it and re-checked everything and everything is good..

My question is would a tight track cause it to run like a pile ?? It does not make sence to me.. Or are they just trying to fluff me off :(

Was the clutch engaged or not? If the clutch was not engaged and it wasn't running that well, then track tension would have no effect on motor operation unless the clutch was engaged and I would call BullSh!t on them. If the clutch did engage, maybe I could see some relationship between the two, but still suspect. Try it out and see, if they didn't fix the issue then take it back, tell them you'll send them the fuel bill for having to come and pick it up.

Top Bottom