has anyone had problems with 2010 dragons?

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Timbo. Everything seems in tact. Connections are good, wiring is good, sensor looks OK. I should probably take it in for a service this week anyway.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode mine down Sat. with light flashing the whole way. Didn't count how many flashes. Guess I'll go fire it up and count.

2 rides=issue 2 rides=issue 2 rides=issue Getting a litttle tiring.
Came home from Revy a day early, second cancelled day this season.

Frustrated

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode mine down Sat. with light flashing the whole way. Didn't count how many flashes. Guess I'll go fire it up and count.

2 rides=issue 2 rides=issue 2 rides=issue Getting a litttle tiring.
Came home from Revy a day early, second cancelled day this season.

Frustrated

Let me know how many flashes I got the repair manual and it shows all codes.
Most of the pipe sensors fail because of over tightening them and cracking the porcelain then shortly after you get a code.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got about 1200 k on the Assault now and no problems until today. Replaced the belt because I noticed the inside cord had frayed and pulled out...clutches were cool enough to touch. Yes I broke the belt in and no I have never burned it up with a frozen track or whatever else. At 200 bones per belt, I expected it to last more than a month.:mad: Then on the way home the check engine light starts flashing... 4 quick-pause-4 quick. Temp good, coolant good, oil good, shell v-power from a high volume station, isopropyl water remover added, engine always warmed up to 100+ degrees before it rolls, iridium plugs. I shut it down a couple of times and restarted it, but the light continues to flash. Rode it home...flashing all the way, no change in performance, temp, sound? Any ideas? How long til I join every other Polaris owner waiting for backordered pistons? :confused:

If you got 1200 K out of a belt, that is pretty good, and 1200K in a month is great, wish I could ride as much as you!!

Trench:d

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Sat. I shut off my sled and restarted it a couple of times, that darn light wouldn't go away. Today in the driveway I couldn't get it to come on.
Maybe a couple doughnuts in the backyard to heat things up? See if that makes a difference. Or a quick trip to the dealer they're always happy to take my money! lol

98670X

Reaction score
Got about 300k on mine, no problems exept a low throttle bog, its anoying as hell when im lite on the throttle but open her up and she pulls pretty hard. Love the sled , came from a 98 670 136 to a 10 800 163....no more tank :d:d

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got 1200 K out of a belt, that is pretty good, and 1200K in a month is great, wish I could ride as much as you!!

Trench:d

I guess when you look at it that way, it was a pretty good January. I just expected more out of a belt that cost three times as much as the belt on Attank.:( I am giving a Dayco XTX a trial run. Half the price, so far equal performance (it may even hook up better), and a full year replacement warrantee. How can I go wrong?:d

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK this might be a new one. Just got the Assault out of the shop EGT sensor failure (warranty)and put 75 miles on today, but all day long it had an off idle hesitation when I nailed it. You know, setting yourself up on a downhill to flip around and burn back up. So you coast in set your weight on the inside board, counter steer and nail the throttle...sputter...face to bar...then she takes off! Half the time it was more than just a sputter, it would pop (backfire) out the pipe, then go. Gas is fresh shell v-power from a high volume station, sled was 120 degrees, no lights or codes flashing. It happened the first time I nailed the throttle in the morning and the last time in the afternoon, and most times in between. Anyone with a prognosis. Oh, it was -25 all day, but that shouldn't matter.:confused:

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
Mine has 200ks and ive gone through a voltage regulator and today i blew my engine at mid range.. thought they fixed this crap!

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK this might be a new one. Just got the Assault out of the shop EGT sensor failure (warranty)and put 75 miles on today, but all day long it had an off idle hesitation when I nailed it. You know, setting yourself up on a downhill to flip around and burn back up. So you coast in set your weight on the inside board, counter steer and nail the throttle...sputter...face to bar...then she takes off! Half the time it was more than just a sputter, it would pop (backfire) out the pipe, then go. Gas is fresh shell v-power from a high volume station, sled was 120 degrees, no lights or codes flashing. It happened the first time I nailed the throttle in the morning and the last time in the afternoon, and most times in between. Anyone with a prognosis. Oh, it was -25 all day, but that shouldn't matter.:confused:

throttle cable could need a little tightening.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hesitation is gone, but now I don't know why because I added Octane boost and adjusted the slack out of the throttle cable. Fuel mileage was up today (165km on a tank as opposed to 120 Saturday). Max RPM only 7900. Strange how all over the map this thing is from one day to the next.:confused:

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where are the wires to plug or unplug
Wires are always plugged cause I always run fresh v-power with octane boost. Mind you according to another thread on here, fresh v-power could be husky, mohawk...or anything. Apparently.:confused:

Top Bottom