has anyone had problems with 2010 dragons?

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks. yah i always run premium in it and i am pretty sure the fuel that day was non ethonal added gas. but there might have been a problem with moisture in the fuel because a day before my sled was in the garage with the heater on and that same night i loaded it up on the sled deck. i have not touched the wires on the sled for fuel yet, so it is set up whatever is stock. but i am pretty sure when i gassed up at petro-canada on the number one highway just out of calgary, there was nothing stated on the pump that their fuel contained ethanol.

Petro Can is 10% ethanol, stay away from anything but shell, and even then go with the V power and no problems.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to run Esso premium when I was out by Alberta Beach last week because both Shell stations were out of fuel:confused: I dumped 8 bucks worth of Octane boost into the tank, left the wires plugged in and didn't have any problems. However, I was concerned. Anybody know about Imperial oils premium. Here is what I think I know...Petro Can, Turbo, Husky = ethanol; Shell v-power = no ethanol; Esso = not sure. I would sure like another option when I can't find a Shell:d

H2O

Reaction score
In B.C. you can purchase Chevron 94 octane that contains no ethanol.

All the pumps state that the 94 "contains no ethanol"

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Shell gold, first, Chevron second and Esso third. I have had problems with Petro-Can in two strokes + I can not prove it and do not want to start a debate, but I have heard that the tetranol additive is not good for two strokes. If you are in and out of a heated garage or sled trailer, it would not hurt to use isopropel gas line antifreeze every once in a while, do not use methanol!!!! :nono:

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out that Superstore is Esso in Alberta. Can anyone confirm? Did we hi-jack this thread?:d

Bowana

Reaction score
The last re-flash for the 800's is an April 2010 flash and it takes away the mid range stumble. I also think it may add more fuel at the top as well. Also, all of the fuel locally has 10% ethanol in it until you buy the 91 grade premium which does not contain ethanol so you leave your wires plugged in and add isoproponal as needed.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The last re-flash for the 800's is an April 2010 flash and it takes away the mid range stumble. I also think it may add more fuel at the top as well. Also, all of the fuel locally has 10% ethanol in it until you buy the 91 grade premium which does not contain ethanol so you leave your wires plugged in and add isoproponal as needed.

Actually polaris came out with a newer reflash in august 2010.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a 2010 assualt (stock) and reflash Late feb 2010 when I installed new track (stock one junk).

I don't know why people keep dissin this track. Nothing hooks like it! 1000k including some 75 mph stretches on the hardpack and all lugs in tact. Buddy sunk his summit in some deep pow and I pulled up beside him and tried to bury my Assault as a challenge. Got off and pulled him out, then jumped back on and drove away like I was on the street. I don't think this sled will ever get stuck.:d :beer:

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to run Esso premium when I was out by Alberta Beach last week because both Shell stations were out of fuel:confused: I dumped 8 bucks worth of Octane boost into the tank, left the wires plugged in and didn't have any problems. However, I was concerned. Anybody know about Imperial oils premium. Here is what I think I know...Petro Can, Turbo, Husky = ethanol; Shell v-power = no ethanol; Esso = not sure. I would sure like another option when I can't find a Shell:d

Husky has a 94 Octane and it is ok as is most of their fuel in Alta.
Says "may contain" and from talking to a Bulk Dealer we know, he tells us that there is no ethanol in their premium.
You're right about Petro Can, and Co-op, Mohawk are worse

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know why people keep dissin this track. Nothing hooks like it! 1000k including some 75 mph stretches on the hardpack and all lugs in tact. Buddy sunk his summit in some deep pow and I pulled up beside him and tried to bury my Assault as a challenge. Got off and pulled him out, then jumped back on and drove away like I was on the street. I don't think this sled will ever get stuck.:d :beer:

Ya if your ridin like a p**sy
Come to BC I'll get ya stuck!

riley c

Reaction score
i have 450 miles on mine and i always run premium in it but the motor light stays on and once you get up too 30 or 40 miles/hr and gun it it hesitates and boggs would it need too be re flashed or do i have major problems??

Dino

Reaction score
Dont have any problems with my d8.....dumped the damn thing after 700 miles...would never run right...spent more time at the dealer than in my hands. Way to go Poo. Dino:mad:

tcshane

Reaction score
I bought a 2010 polaris assault in november, demo unit with 400 km on it. I rode it 150 km and the top end had to be done ,clutch side cylinder scored and piston burning up. Polaris said bad break-in. Broke in new top end 1 pint per 5 gal of fuel, 2 tanks. Engine light starts blinking 5 times about half-way through 2nd tank, and puts itself in and out of safe mode(doggy, bogging and just does not run properly). The blinking light means EGT sensor is not working properly, so dealer puts in a new one and the sled is performing the best it ever has. About 30-40 km later feels like its bogging when your trying to get up to speed and get up to full rpms(about 2/3-3/4 throttle). Is this the way a new sled is supposed to work, is the effect of det something we have to constantly deal with? My 1999 RMK 600 had no problems and I was not concerned about it ever letting me down. Generally newer is supposed to be better but with the new polaris 800s I'm not sure this is the case. I just want a great working sled to ride and enjoy like everbody else. Not impressed at all polaris.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got about 1200 k on the Assault now and no problems until today. Replaced the belt because I noticed the inside cord had frayed and pulled out...clutches were cool enough to touch. Yes I broke the belt in and no I have never burned it up with a frozen track or whatever else. At 200 bones per belt, I expected it to last more than a month.:mad: Then on the way home the check engine light starts flashing... 4 quick-pause-4 quick. Temp good, coolant good, oil good, shell v-power from a high volume station, isopropyl water remover added, engine always warmed up to 100+ degrees before it rolls, iridium plugs. I shut it down a couple of times and restarted it, but the light continues to flash. Rode it home...flashing all the way, no change in performance, temp, sound? Any ideas? How long til I join every other Polaris owner waiting for backordered pistons? :confused:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got about 1200 k on the Assault now and no problems until today. Replaced the belt because I noticed the inside cord had frayed and pulled out...clutches were cool enough to touch. Yes I broke the belt in and no I have never burned it up with a frozen track or whatever else. At 200 bones per belt, I expected it to last more than a month.:mad: Then on the way home the check engine light starts flashing... 4 quick-pause-4 quick. Temp good, coolant good, oil good, shell v-power from a high volume station, isopropyl water remover added, engine always warmed up to 100+ degrees before it rolls, iridium plugs. I shut it down a couple of times and restarted it, but the light continues to flash. Rode it home...flashing all the way, no change in performance, temp, sound? Any ideas? How long til I join every other Polaris owner waiting for backordered pistons? :confused:

Manual say 4 flashes is your Barometric Pressure Sensor.It's in your airbox,make sure you got a good connection and light should quit flashing.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I ordered a ethonal test kit from my dealer....It's actually made by Briggs and Straton...it consists of a glass vile, you put so much gas and so much water, shake and look at the cylinder numbers on the side and it indicates if there is ethanol and how much. I am not sure of the part number but I could get it.

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Manual say 4 flashes is your Barometric Pressure Sensor.It's in your airbox,make sure you got a good connection and light should quit flashing.

So I go back out to check the barametric pressure sensor, and as it turns out the light flashes 5 times, not four. You must have a better manual than I because mine says nothing about this light. Anybody know what 5 flashes of the check engine light means?

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think grease from my smokies in the muff pot could have set this off? It's right beside it.:confused:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Naw I don't think so,check plug-in on it.Have you ever had it out of pipe,they break easy when tightening them back in.

Top Bottom