Has anybody ever ordered truck rims online?

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI for everyone ordering wheels out of the USA. A lot of wheels are made overseas...so there will be duty on them and freight isn't always the cheapest. We try and price as competitive as possible to USA pricing, but the fact is that there is costs involved with importing goods from the USA. So remember to take a look at the big picture and not just the initial price tag:)

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
www.discounttire.com good prices , great guy to deal with and whatever the price on the site is they add $25 per wheel for duty,tax, shipping. No hidden surprises

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
www.discounttire.com good prices , great guy to deal with and whatever the price on the site is they add $25 per wheel for duty,tax, shipping. No hidden surprises

Yep and UPS delivers them to your door, even if they are big tires. If you buy wheels and tires, it's $100 each for all that the last time I ordered. No one local could even begin to come close to touching their price. Local shops were quoting double.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep and UPS delivers them to your door, even if they are big tires. If you buy wheels and tires, it's $100 each for all that the last time I ordered. No one local could even begin to come close to touching their price. Local shops were quoting double.

If you're getting prices quoted locally for double....you're shopping at the wrong places...just sayin':D

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're getting prices quoted locally for double....you're shopping at the wrong places...just sayin':D
I called about 4 places before I gave up. And I get a extra discount at discount tire. How much is your price on a 38x15.50r20 nitto mud grappler? My prices were about 800-1000 local each. All said and done I had all tires and rims to me for About $3200. Local that would of barely got me tires time you add taxes. Never mind the price tag on a 20x10 moto metal 951 chrome, stems, lug nuts,etc. Fawk most local places told me mount and balance would be extra......when your quoting over $6000 you got to be kidding.

Last edited:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called about 4 places before I gave up. And I get a extra discount at discount tire. How much is your price on a 38x15.50r20 nitto mud grappler? My prices were about 800-1000 local each. All said and done I had all tires and rims to me for About $3200. Local that would of barely got me tires time you add taxes. Never mind the price tag on a 20x10 moto metal 951 chrome, stems, lug nuts,etc. Fawk most local places told me mount and balance would be extra......when your quoting over $6000 you got to be kidding.

First of all...I wouldn't sell a Nitto Mud Grappler to my worst enemy, as they are a HORRIBLE tread design that will rattle your fillings out and cause hearing loss on the highway:D But if I did...They would sell for about $625-650 each:)

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevin is right that tread design is terrible! If you get the stuff sent across the border be expecting shipping,5% tax,then more canadian shipping fees,followed up by a hefty bill from the broker! I brought $1600 worth of chips,intakes across and had it sent to my doorstep well $500 later in hidden fees made me just drive and get it! But canadian pricing is real good and I know kevin HRT offroad has great pricing on the products he sells, I think i have great pricing as i match internet prices,Summitric I hear has good pricing, NADP has terrible pricing lol just gotta look around or ask around.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First of all...I wouldn't sell a Nitto Mud Grappler to my worst enemy, as they are a HORRIBLE tread design that will rattle your fillings out and cause hearing loss on the highway:D But if I did...They would sell for about $625-650 each:)

X2. I wouldn't sell nittos to my worst enemy. Any of the Nittos. They are all junk.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I know my neighbor bought rims and tires from tirerack.com they quoted him a price installed and balanced to his door. I think he paid about 800 bucks for everything for his 03 dodge. I also buy from summitric tho and he does give a great deal.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2. I wouldn't sell nittos to my worst enemy. Any of the Nittos. They are all junk.

They are loud and wear quite quick, other then that they are a great tire. By far the best snow tire i've ever ran. 1000x the tire toyo mt's are, I cannot believe how many people run those POS's. One snowfall and I took them off and sold them (almost felt bad getting money for them). Crap a wet road and you almost need 4wd with them, they are quiet but i'd rather run slicks then those, wouldn't notice the difference. Ran the terra grapplers to, and i'd gladly run those again.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes but cyle can't go by Ur vote at all. Cause its allways wrong.

I run a auto repair shop.

The Kall tire down the road upsells tons of those junk tires. I have to try to balance them for them cause they suck ( and that's both. The tires and the guys doing it ).

Chitty tire when u have to bag balance and rim weight at the same time. Also have had to put in 4 times the bags that the spec is to get them somewhat close...

A fierrce attitudes are 4 times the tire for way less. Been selling tons of them and working good with real easy balance...

They need more sizes yes which are coming.

Also the other I sell lots is the hankook rt03 Mt. Real good tire also

Last edited:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are loud and wear quite quick, other then that they are a great tire. By far the best snow tire i've ever ran. 1000x the tire toyo mt's are, I cannot believe how many people run those POS's. One snowfall and I took them off and sold them (almost felt bad getting money for them). Crap a wet road and you almost need 4wd with them, they are quiet but i'd rather run slicks then those, wouldn't notice the difference. Ran the terra grapplers to, and i'd gladly run those again.

Come on Cyle...who are you trying to BS here??? NO off the shelf 38x15.50 tire is going to be a GREAT snow tire...especially not a Mud Grappler!! "they are loud and wear quite quick"...so what makes a good tire then?

As far as the Toyo M/T's...they are a Damn good tire, but were also available in 3 different compounds. The US compound (found throughout the states and at most discount tire places) was a bit harder in order to give better tire life to the masses running them in the hot and dry climates of the SW states...this compound was also found the odd time in Canada during Toyo inventory supply problems that were had before the US plant opened up. I yielded 75-85000 kms out of my last two sets of 37x13.50 R 17's and we also used Toyo M/T's in our two Baja 1000 Race efforts without a flat. Granted they still aren't a great winter tire, but they do just fine with a little weight on the truck and a corrected winter driving style:) We also have a formula that works real good with the Toyo M/T's. They will also burn off fast and give weird wear patterns if ran at higher pressures and not rotated at regular intervals. I've had hundreds of them out in the patch and guys keep buying them...so they must not be that bad:D

Here's a couple pics...the larger of the 2 being the Mud Grappler and the smaller one being the Toyo M/T. It doesn't take much to tell which will be the better tire for normal use...

Attachments

• nitto-mud-grappler_1.jpg
    nitto-mud-grappler_1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 109
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Anyone want to throw me some prices on 17"X8-9" 8X165 to fit Dodge 3500 SRW? cause i want to retain the stock tire for a couple seasons. Looking for some nice chrome no black rims cause well from 10' away looks like you lost a hub cap ....just sayin

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to throw me some prices on 17"X8-9" 8X165 to fit Dodge 3500 SRW? cause i want to retain the stock tire for a couple seasons. Looking for some nice chrome no black rims cause well from 10' away looks like you lost a hub cap ....just sayin

One meeeellion dollars...and because I like you...mount and balance is free.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What year is your truck, Murray? I have near new take-off 2012 wheels coming of my truck. Not a bad looking stock wheel....

Top Bottom